Sunday, May 31, 2009

How to Build A Deck

1. Tell your husband you want a deck.

2. Save money for many months.
3. Remind your husband you want a deck.
4. Repeat step 3 as necessary.
5. Buy lumbar.
6. Call Ryan for help.
7. Take a siesta (only applicable if you're a cute 3-year old girl)
8. Work like crazy into the night. (Only applicable if you're a big strong man)
9. Enjoy the fruits of your labor with a BBQ!


We are loving our deck! Dave did a great job and worked so hard! We still have a few more things to do with it - stain, steps, railing. But at least we can use our patio furniture and enjoy the backyard a little more as it is. Dave is hoping for a new grill for Father's Day now!

14 comments:

Brooke said...

what a great job they did! Love the one of dave posing on the deck but the one of Caroline's siesta is a close second! I am going to MISS seeing Dave this summer- good job on the deck!

Jim said...

Step 3 does not work!

Step 4 - Call your son-in-law and plead for help!

Our Ohana said...

it looks great!! good work Dave! :)

Lant Family said...

great job! I bet you guys will love it all summer long. Your patio set is nice!

Luna said...

What a fun little addition!

Karen Scott Welker said...

Get the man a grill! Not only does he deserve it, but YOU get to eat the fruits of his labors! The more you praise his skillz, the more yummy food you get to eat AND won't have to cook yourself. Win/win!

Sherri Romney said...

I love the steps! And it looks great!

Garet and Amanda said...

How nice!! good work David! grilling now will be much funner! garet wants a grill also. If you find anything good let me know. I don't know the first things about a good grill.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Wow how fun! I bet you guys will spend a ton of time out there.

The Martin Family said...

Awesome deck! It looks great!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Good work, that looks awesome and fun. I hope you get some nice weather that you can enjoy it in before it gets too hot.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

very cool- jealous. enjoy!

Jolene said...

Wow, that looks so nice! Good job! At least step 3 worked! What a handy man. I think he deserves a grill now!

Joy said...

Looks like a great deck, can't wait to visit you guys and see it in person sometime in the future!