Monday, May 4, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

I can't seem to get enough of these.


Her latest thing is to change her clothes after we put her to bed. I'll go up to her room before we go to bed and the contents of her closet and dresser are tossed about and she's not wearing what we put on her!


This time we found her asleep in a dress that I bought on clearence and was saving in the back of her closet for next Christmas!


Yesterday I called Caroline for dinner and since she didn't come bounding downstairs like a starving dog, I knew something was up. I walked up to find my own little Sleeping Beauty in her Sleeping Beauty dress fast asleep in front of the TV!


She never falls asleep watching TV, so it was quite a moment that we had to capture and we even took a video of Dave trying to wake her up!


So I guess that's what happens when she doesn't take a nap. I'm struggling with the whole nap-time thing right now. She takes a nap about 3 times a week. The rest of the days she plays in her room (by play, I mean makes a ridiculous mess) while she's suppossed to be sleeping. She is 3 and a half now, and I'm not sure if that's when kids stop napping. So for now, I'll take as many naps as she's willing to give!

7 comments:

Wheatley Family said...

My kids stopped napping at 2 and 1/4 period! Claire will nap at her preschool though which is two days a week. on those days she can't fall asleep until like 9

Brooke said...

I LOVE the sleeping pictures, so keep em coming! Brandon is still a pretty good napper and my goal is to keep it that way to kindergarten. Not sure either as to if that is typical for most kids or not, but I know that Brandon (and I) still need those naps.

Jim said...

I too love the sleeping pictures, I would show them to Dad, but he's asleep on the couch! Still needs that nap. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!

Luna said...

What a cute little sleeper. Naps are hard. I think we switched Nap time to quiet time around that age. But I know they make them take naps in Kindergarten around here. So she will have to figure it out. I am hoping peer pressure will have a positive influence.

Jolene said...

That's so funny that she changes her clothes before she sleeps! I guess she really is sleeping beauty!

Joy said...

Oh how I wish we lived closer so she and Paige could be best little friends. Paige loves dress up now and would have sooooo much fun with Caroline!

heather said...

She is amazing!