I really can't believe Caroline is now a Sunbeam in Primary!!! No more nursery. Primary with the big kids. Can't believe it.
Caroline is the youngest in her HUGE Sunbeam class at church. We've been quite nervous about this transition because she's so young and can't sit still for more than 30 seconds for a Family Home Evening lesson. But her teacher assured us that she did great on Sunday, which was a huge relief!
We've been getting ready for this for a few weeks now. We've been pretending to be Sunbeams for FHE. We sit on chairs and call Mommy "Sis. Martin" during the lesson and practice folding our arms and raising our hands to talk! She was so excited for Sunday, especially when we bought a new Sunbeam Dress on Saturday!

I realize that I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than it is. Part of it is really the fact that we don't feel she's ready. I know what you're thinking. She's tall, she speaks well, and she's generally well-behaved. But she gets in trouble at the YMCA daycare all the time! I don't see it happen, so I don't know the situations exactly, but it worries me that she's different when I'm not around and has a hard time interacting with other kids. It's also so strange to have one child, in Primary. No toddler in Nursery, not a baby, just one "big kid". So I guess it's a bittersweet thing for me. A realization that she's getting bigger and older. Realizing that she's my oldest and my youngest at the same time, right now. It makes every milestone she encounters twice as meaningful.
I realize that I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than it is. Part of it is really the fact that we don't feel she's ready. I know what you're thinking. She's tall, she speaks well, and she's generally well-behaved. But she gets in trouble at the YMCA daycare all the time! I don't see it happen, so I don't know the situations exactly, but it worries me that she's different when I'm not around and has a hard time interacting with other kids. It's also so strange to have one child, in Primary. No toddler in Nursery, not a baby, just one "big kid". So I guess it's a bittersweet thing for me. A realization that she's getting bigger and older. Realizing that she's my oldest and my youngest at the same time, right now. It makes every milestone she encounters twice as meaningful.
Wow, Kindergarten is gonna be a doozy.
18 comments:
She is so cute. I was thinking about her when we sent Brandon off to Sunbeams last Sunday. He is one of the older kids though, so we didn't have any worries about him not being ready, but it still feels like such a big leap putting them in with the "big kids." I'm glad she was so excited and that she did well :)
And you're right - having just her makes it extra special right now and who knows what will happen down the road... we love you guys
I was subbing in Lucy's class last Sunday. Our ward has 18 new Sunbeams this year. Seventeen came on Sunday and five of them were screaming their heads off. I wish more parents transitioned their kids for this big change.
And Kindergarten is a doozy for EVERY mom.
I love the dress, but most of all we love Caroline! I am so glad she is excited about Sunbeams- what fun. Primary totally freaks me out too. Jenna and I sat in the back during singing time (because she is impossible to keep up with in the hall and still 3 months from nursery) and most of the kids were super naughty. I don't know if it's the teacher in me, or the mean mommy in me, but I could hardly handle it. I know it's mostly the bigger kids that have figured out what they can get away with, but still.
Keep us posted on Caroline's progress in Sunbeams!
(P.S. I just showed Lucy the pictures of Caroline. She asked what the puppy's name was. I told her "Archie." She said, "No, it's Sprinkles." There's no convincing her differently.)
Caroline is so cute, I notcied her pretty dress on Sunday. I think it is so cute that you are practicing primary at home. She is really good in Primary---when I see her. She stands up every once and a while but then sits down. She is so cute!
What a cute dress, and a reason to make her feel going to Primary is a special thing to do. I'm glad you prepared her so much, I'm sure it helped. Now, keep it up! We love and miss you so much.
Can you just send her to live with me for the summer? She is so stinkin cute. Call me the first day of kindergarten. Us Scott girls are big babies. I cried all 3 times.
Love you guys.
I'm such a dork, I just learned how to leave comments.
You are such a good mom! I think she will do great in Primary- it was nice of you to help her prepare.
Oh how I wish she was a Sunbeam in our Primary! Love her new dress. Cute, cute....
Yeah for sunbeams! I was nervous for Saige too, but she did great. They are ready even if we aren't. She looks cute in her new dress.
This past Sunday was the first time Livvy has gone to Primary WITHOUT us! And she is in CTR 5 this year! Caroline makes a very pretty Sunbeam. Maybe if I had worked more with Liv like you did with Caroline, things would have been better for her. And yes, Kindergarten is a doozy! I cried every day the first week!
How fun for her. I love her pretty dress too. The puppy looks cute as ever!
I know I was thinking the same thing, when Talyse said "mom I am in CTR 5 now, Choose the Right." I mean seriously do they have to grow up so fast? I am sure people think Caroline is so much older than she is though, the girl is tall for her age. She is so cute. Miss you guys.
I get to sit behind Caroline during sharing time now and she is so excited to learn and help out! She's doing a good job!
This is so cute. I'm sorry her week didn't go so well this week. I'm sure there will be ups and downs but she'll and you'll get through it.
Her dress is precious! Caroline looks so grownup! I can't believe she's in Primary!
How exciting for Caroline to be a Sunbeam!! I can't believe she's 3 either... Kevin & Paige aren't far behind and I can't believe that either.
First of all you have a riddcolus amount of comments! Secondly, when you coming to Memphis for GIRLS NIGHT
Post a Comment