Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rainboots and Green Lasagna

It's been a little rainy this week. So rather than stay inside, we got Caroline some rainboots and she loves them! We were running errands and every parking lot we were in had some puddles for her to jump in. It made the chore a little more fun for her! (and it made me want some new rainboots too!)








Ok, so yesterday I decided to try a new recipe. I must say first, that I am not a bad cook. I am not a great cook either, but I've never really messed up a recipe to the point where we're saying, "ummm... how 'bout Domino's?"

But yesterday will be a dinner to remember. I found a tasty looking recipe for "Chicken Spinach Lasagna". It calls for frozen spinach, which I didn't have. I did, however, have some fresh spinach leaves so I figured I'd just throw them in the blender and it would be the same!


It wasn't.


It turned green. Really green.




Scary huh? I was afraid to put this on my dinner table.

BUT, it was well received and actually pretty tasty!

And it made for great dinner conversation!

"So, what should we call this new family favorite?"

"How about Green Goblin Surprise?"

"I know, Leprachaun Lasagna!"

"Or, Frog Enchiladas!"

"Greasey, Grimey Gopher Guts?"

Any ideas?

9 comments:

Lant Family said...

great dinner!! I keep seeing rain boots and I always think Lucy would love them but you know I just don't want her to wear them ALLLLLL the time. Like to church!

Sherri Romney said...

Jake laughed at the green lasagna! I think I would like it cause I LOVE spinach. I am forbidden to put it in anything like a casserole though cause Jake DOES NOT like it at all. The rain boots and puddles look like fun!

Alicia said...

I made a spinach lasagne once, and it DID NOT work out. I threw it all away. Every little bit (except the bit I tasted. Ew).

Send a few rain puddles this away. We're dry. Parched dry.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Those puddle jumping pictures are soooo cute.

OH by the way i saw you tagged me and i started to write a post but i honestly couldn't come up with many quirks i have. No saying i am not weird but they don't seem weird to me. So the only one i could think of was that i have to have my sheets straight and smooth before i can fall asleep...that is not easy when you have a husband who really isn't interested in keeping them perfect... he always un-tucks the bottom end before he goes to sleep. What is with that.

Joy said...

Actually, I think it looks pretty good! Caroline looks cute in her new boots... it looks like it's getting cold there!

Brooke said...

who would have thought that fresh would look so much different? good thing it tasted good

Heather (wife, mom) said...

it was raining this morning and i thought of this blog and shared it with dave. i wanted rainboots to stomp in the puddles! kids have all the fun!

Dawn said...

I got your message about book group. We needed to get something in the program so I had Cat do October. If you want to do November that would be great and we would already have the book picked out. Love the green lasagna:)

Laurie said...

Green Lasagna, maybe it needs to be a St. Patricks day dinner tradition.