Last week our group went to a local fire station! We got to look around the fire house and the kids got to climb in a real fire truck!
"Sparky" came out to say hello, and the poor dog didn't exactly get a warm welcome! Most of the kids were afraid of him. Usually Caroline is a little more brave and outgoing, but even she didn't want anything to do with it!
They gave the kids cute little fire man hats to take home. That was a hit!
Caroline and I tried on some firemen jackets.They were so heavy, I don't know how these firemen do it!
On another note:
Caroline and I went to the grocery store today to pick up something. Caroline asked if we could get some apples (Who can say no to that, right? It's usually donuts or icecream!)
When I got to the checkout, I realized I was paying $3.29 for three stinkin' apples! Since when are apples over $2 a pound?!!
It makes me sick that I can buy a dozen Little Debbie brownies for the price of ONE apple!
If America was really so worried about our country's obesity problem, you would think that, considering our nation's other crisis: economy, someone could do something about making the most nutritious foods the most economic choice! ARGGH!
Ok, I'm off my soapbox. I think I'll go console myself with some chocolate I got on sale.
10 years ago
12 comments:
Don't get me started on the price of milk. It's cheaper to feed them soda! (OK, it's actually cheaper to turn on the tap and give them water, but . . . )
YOWSA!- i never noticed that stuff until i check the receipt in the car. i thought i was good for grabbing a bunch of grapes until i saw that they were more expensive than the meat i bought! the canned stuff is usually cheaper, which sucks.
p.s. i'm super jealous of your fun moms group!
You are making me so jealous with that moms group. Our is quite pathetic. You hair is getting so long and cute!
What a fun idea to go to the firestation. You are having way too much fun with your new ward. Mabey girls night this weekend.
FUN trip to the fire station!
By the way, Miss Susan, you are smokin' in that picture with the fire doggy! :)
Susan you are GORGEOUS!!! I love how long your hair is getting, I'm a little bit jealous of it!
And don't even get me started on the cost of things - I can't seem to walk out of the grocery store without looking at the receipt, shaking my head and wondering what we bought that cost so much! It's SO expensive to feed 3 mouths - I don't know how families do it with mroe than one kid! haha!
And, i'm jealous of your mom's group to. What do you say you move back to Thatcher and we'll start one up here?!
That is a great picture of you with the firedog. Maybe you could photoshop your husband in instead and hang it on the wall. It is also disgusting to me about whole/healthy foods being so much more expensive than unhealty. You can get a $1 cheeseburger, but not a dollar salad or fruit.
Hey Susan! Do you still want to host the book group at y house this month. Did you have a book in mind? Cat said she would do it if you can't just let me know. Thanks! Dawn. BTW I do agree with the fact that we really do need to make healthy foods more affordable:)
oooh, Brandon would be so jealous of a visit to the fire station. I'll have to show him this post. I know, the price of grocery markets is killing me almost as much as the financial markets. You look so cute in that picture btw!
How fun that you have a "group"! I am trying to get something like that started here, I finally an able to get out of the house more. Your hair is getting so long, yes just like marla's :)! Lookin' good!
Great picture of "Firewoman Caroline".....There is only one economical, healthy, and filling food product in this world today....a LARGE SHAVE ICE!!!
I second the post that says they're jeolous of your moms group. Looks like you're having a lot of fun in your new place!
Post a Comment