Saturday, October 18, 2008

Horn Lake Festival


We had a really fun Saturday this week! We went to the Horn Lake Festival. We really didn't know what it was, we just saw signs on the sides of the road. So we went and checked it out and really, it was just like a small fair. Ryan and Courtney and their girls met us there and the girls had a blast together!



First up was the kiddie roller coaster - which was bad to start with because I'm sure everything after that seemed boring by comparison! This was a first for Caroline, and her mom was pretty nervous (I even scolded Dave for not riding with her) but she did great and she LOVED it!






They had a small petting zoo. These rabbits totally made me want one!


This goat was lovin' them! Caroline wasn't so sure at first, but Dave helped, and then she loved it.
Caroline patiently (HA!) waited in line for quite a while to get her face painted. She wanted a unicorn. Here's the end result:
All in all, it was nice to have a fun family day. Fairs are quite expensive though. But I think one of my favorite parts about being a parent is watching her enjoying herself. Hearing her laugh, seeing her jump up and down in anticipation, and gazing at her bright smile. I can see how easy it would be to spoil your kid rotten! It's so fun watching them open presents and giving you a great big hug of thanks. That's the best. It's a good thing we can't afford to spoil her too much!

10 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

have i mentioned before that i love this girl of yours? she is just the cutest thing- love the picture of her with the bunny. i cannot wait for jenna to really enjoy all the fun things i like to do for her. you are a good mom.

heather said...

How fun. You were always the one in the know. I miss you and wish we had done more while you were here. I am glad you are loving life.

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Wow, looks like fun. I got my invite to Modbe today. See you Friday!

Jim said...

How we miss all of you. Love the pictures. Thanks for posting them, I check twice a day and love to see new pictures. Give that girl a kiss from me.

Courtney White said...

Looks like a blast you guys! It is fun to spoil your kids once in a while!

Joy said...

They are expensive but just like you said so much fun watching the kids have fun. We went to Graham county fair last week and Derek couldn't ride enough rides! Poor Paige wasn't tall enough for any and I was too cheap to pay for me to go with her!

Baker Bunch said...

Your family is so cute! We miss you guys. Looks like you guys had fun!

Brooke said...

I know what you mean about watching your kids enjoy themselves and she is definitely a fun one to watch!

Garet and Amanda said...

I love looking at your blog. You do a good job at keeping it updated. I am WAY behind. But its also fun to look b/c you guys appear to be always having soo much fun. We miss you guys but are glad you guys are having a good time. isn't it fun to live in the city sometimes...there is so much to do?

Anonymous said...

I can always count on you, Carol, and Joy to keep the blog current and keeping those great pictures of my grandchildren coming. What a great little lady Caroline is.