Saturday, Dave surprised me with a picnic lunch and a trip to the "Catwalk". If you're not a Silver-Citian: the catwalk is about 1 hour and 20 minutes north of Silver City and it's a well-known attraction around here. In fact, when I told people this was my first time going there, they were shocked! It was built for mining purposes a long time ago, but now it's a beautiful hike along Whitewater River. The catwalk itself is a suspended metal walkway along the sides of cliffs and across the river. When you're on it, you can look down and see the river flowing beneath you!
It's a little over 2 miles round-trip, and Caroline actually did a great job walking most of the way. (That is until she had a little accident half-way...yes, one of those kind of accidents! I'll spare you the details!)
Caroline's favorite part was throwing rocks into the water!
It was so much fun! The weather was great and the scenery was so beautiful! This is one thing I love about Silver City - there are so many great outdoor things to do and see around here. I wish we had discovered this earlier!
10 years ago
7 comments:
i love getting outside and being outdoorsy. it looks like a beautiful hike- thanks for remembering your camera! (you did have another pair of pants for caroline, right?)
What a great hubby! Looks like a beautiful place.
The shots you got are gorgeous! We need to go again before we leave....
Your pictures are so cute! Dave gets an A+, good choice!
Good job Dave! What a beautiful place! Hope you had a fun birthday!!! Did you get my card?
So this is the place I had heard about! Looks gorgeous. Hope you had a great birthday.
It looks beautiful, I want to go there!
Post a Comment