Last Sunday was my birthday and my two favorite people made and decorated a cake for me!
Caroline gave me some candy and Dave got me a cordless hand-vacuum! It's funny - when I was a kid and my mom got stuff like cleaning or cooking gadgets for gifts I used to think, "That's so lame! She can't really want that stuff!" But now I'm the wife/mom and that's exactly the stuff I want!
On a sadder note, last week my Grandpa Max passed away. He was sick for a long time and we knew that it was coming. Fortunately for us, he spent the last year or so living with my parents so we got to spend more time with him than I had growing up. His funeral was in Utah, so as soon as I heard the news I started packing and headed to Tucson where I hitched a ride with my parents and my sister Karen. (which was nice because she lives in Houston and we don't get to see her as much as we'd like!) Caroline was a champ on the trip! She did so great! So we drove up on Friday, funeral was Saturday, and we drove back on Sunday! It was a whirlwind weekend, but I'm so glad I went. I've got an awesome family.
While it's always sad when someone passes away, this time, it felt different. I think knowing that he was ready to go, and that he would be reunited with his loved ones made it much easier. I think overall, just having the knowledge of the gospel and an eternal perspective, makes death less bitter for us.
By the way, I feel like crap. Allergies are raging and I think it's turned into a sinus infection. :(

3 comments:
is that the same picture that is on my page?!! love that cake...
Yes, I borrowed my picture from Heather! Thanks, I didn't have my camera handy at the moment.
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa! My Grandpa recently went back to his home but its not working out so well and we're hoping he'll come back to stay with my parents. Did your Grandpa pass away in Tucson? We apparently need to chat in more detail because I worry that will happen to my grandpa. Anyway, that's nice that you were able to go to the funeral. What a blessing it is to know that he is happier and with loved ones!
Post a Comment