Saturday, March 12, 2011

Update

We got to hold Miles this morning for the first time. He is still doing great. His heart rate, lungs, and oxygen levels are where they need to be. They did say that he is committed to the antibiotics, so he will have to stay until at least wed morning when his 7 days are up. And as long as everything is cleared up and his levels are where they should be, then we can take him home. We are just so happy and grateful, there is nothing like holding your baby in your arms for the first time and having him look back up at you. Susan is doing a little better, they told her that she is definently getting spinal headaches and for now we are going to try caffeen, fluids, and rest. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Again, thank you for all your love and support.









15 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

There is no doubt that Miles is Caroline's brother. That's so great that he us doing better. We've been anxious for an update. I hope Sue's headaches go away soon. We love you!

Brad Martin said...

just more reason for you guys to move to dallas so i can start adjusting her! glad everything is going well.

Heather said...

wonderful!

Adrian said...

Look at your perfect little boy!!! Could he BE any cuter?!?! I submit NOT! When do I get to hold him?? ;)

The Sullengers said...

I hope all the caffeine helps - if you need me to make a Mtn. Dew run or anything else, let me know! I feel your pain :(

Brooke said...

he definitely looks like Caroline - so cute!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

He really does look so much like Caroline! Excited to see the two of them together! Can we come visit?

Candace said...

Yaaaaay!!! Wonderful news! Those spinal headaches are nasty...sorry Susan. :(

Pierce Family said...

Congrats you guys! I am so glad that he is doing better and that you finally got to hold him. He is a little cutie.

Collins said...

Yeah Yeah! I'm so glad you got to hold him finally. That has to feel good. He does look like Caroline for sure. He's darling. I hope the headaches are gone soon

Brittany H said...

I'm so glad that everyone is doing well! (I talked to your mom at Church today - she sure is a nice lady. She said you are doing better.) I hope everything keeps improving rapidly. We have been so worried about you guys! You are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

What a wonderful day!! So glad to hear everything is going well for Miles. What a relief and blessing.

heather said...

He looks so much like Caroline!! So cute, yay for getting to be a family of four SO soon!! Such sweet picture, post more! :)

Sherri Romney said...

Susan your genes are DOMINANT! Dave she now officially has TWO mini-me's. ☺ What a gorgeous baby. Seriously so precious! I am sorry about the headaches, we will pray for you. Love you guys. Congratulations again!!!

Luna said...

I think he looks a lot like Caroline too. Miles will want to hear that when he gets older, so it is a good thing he is a newborn!

Yay on getting better!