So in ONE WEEK we get to hold our little boy! I started thinking about it at about 4:30 this morning and got myself so excited I couldn't go back to sleep!
This picture is a little skeletor-looking, but we love that it looks like he's playing peek-a-boo!
So a little update:
I had to/got to have an extra ultrasound a few weeks ago because I'm measuring small. The ultrasound showed that he was growing just fine and is just in a sprawled out, posterior position that makes it seem like I'm only 33 - 34 weeks. I had my "last" appointment today and she ordered another ultrasound for tomorrow for the same reason - to get a growth scan, because I'm "too small". I'm not worried at all and part of me just thinks she's trying to squeeze everything she can out of our insurance, but it's kind of neat to keep seeing him, so I'm not complaining! I promise I'm eating (although, I haven't had the healthiest eating habits these last few weeks - lots of grilled cheese, candy, and junk) and I've gained weight within the appropriate norm, so it's not my fault!
My pregnancy has been SO different this time around. With Caroline, I was swollen and gained much more weight. I felt pretty miserable by this time. I couldn't wear my wedding ring or most of my shoes. But with this little guy, I still feel great! I can still wear high heels and shave my legs! Woot! I have minor complaints (heartburn, backache, etc) but nothing that I feel is really burdensome. Some wonderful ladies in my ward hosted a "Pamper Party" for all the pregnant girls in our ward due in March (four of us I believe) and it was SO fun. We ate, did nails, got massages and chatted. A true ladies-night!
So we are counting down the days until 1. Grandma comes and 2. Miles comes. I'm about 90% excited, 10% nervous. Ok maybe 80/20.
10 years ago
6 comments:
That ultrasound picture is cute :) You seriously look so great, I wish I measured small, I am pretty sure that I always measure like 2 weeks bigger. You are a lucky one, still in your high heels and shaving your legs! Good luck next week, let us know if we can help with anything.
Woo Hoo! Soooooo EXCITED for you guys! We are 100%, but I totally get what you mean about the nervousness. Having TWO kids is a big deal, but you'll be great at it. And Caroline is going to be the best helper/big sister EVER! Can't wait for pictures. Good luck and we'll keep praying for you two :)
We are so so so excited for you! I am glad you are not as miserable this time around. It gives me hope. I am trying to be more healthy this time around (ha) and I really do try. ☺ I can't wait to see what little Miles looks like and I LOVE the peek-a-boo ultrasound picture. I hope all is well with the growth (it sounds like it is) and WE CAN'T WAIT!
Yay for extra ultrasounds! Can't wait to meet Miles and good luck with the next week. We will have to set up dinners after your mom leaves :)
So happy for you Susan. I hope all goes smoothly and excited to see pictures!
very excited for you Susan! I know it will all be well. We'll be waiting by the phone on Wednesday for you :)
Post a Comment