Thursday, March 24, 2011

more Miles

Uncle Brad requested more pictures of Miles and so here's a few. We got his pictures done professionally last week, and I still need to post those too - they're so cute!

Caroline could sit on the couch a cuddle him all day.


We all miss Grandma, but I think Archie misses her the most!






Check out that kisser!



Miles looks a lot like Caroline did when she was new, except she had lots of black hair and brown eyes, and Miles has blue eyes (so far)! I never thought I could have a blue-eyed baby!
So life has obviously changed dramatically around here. Caroline loves her baby brother, but she was rather ornery to Dave and I for the first few days. She's gotten much better, but let me tell you - she was like a completely different kid for a while! Monday was pretty difficult. My mom flew back to AZ, Dave went back to work and Caroline went back to school all in the same day! I had myself a little emotional melt-down that evening, but hopefully I got it out of my system!
Miles is still in that sleep-all-the-time stage. I sometimes have to wake him up to finish eating. Nights have been a little rough as he wakes up every 2-3 hours and I'm so tired, but days have been great. I forgot how snuggly and soft and warm newborns are and sometimes we just hold him for hours!
I've been amazed the last few weeks by the thoughtfulness of others. We've had friends and family send gifts and cards, watch Caroline, and bring food. I've had many people call or email and offer to help. It's reminded me how blessed we are to know so many good people and to have such wonderful family.

5 comments:

Lant Family said...

yeah you do have a wonderful family and those are some great kissers!! He is such a doll and I love that Caroline loves to snuggle him. I asked her the other day how she liked being a big sister and she said "well it is fine, Miles just sleeps all the time" :)

Emily said...

This post got me all teary eyed. TO see Caroline loving on her long awaited sibiling. It's so tender. I am so sorry you had a rough "first day with newborn" there. I wish I could be there to help!! Enjoy it!

Brooke said...

susan, I wish wish wish I could see him. you have no idea how often I've looked at flights and talked to joe about the possibility. Maybe this summer, we'll see. meanwhile, keep these pictures coming. I love those sweet little newborns and I can't get over how much he looks like Caroline.

The Sullengers said...

I'm so glad I got to meet him yesterday - he is such a doll! Hopefully he starts sleeping better for you so you can catch up on some zzzz's!

Brad Martin said...

Gracias Susan!