Dave and I have been talking a lot lately about how different it will be to no longer be a family of 3. After 5 and half years or so, we're pretty well set in our ways! Caroline is easy to take places, she gets in and out of the car by herself, buckles herself, feeds herself, can get her own snacks, and we haven't had to change diapers in over 3 years! Things are going to change around here big time.
The last couple of weeks we've been trying to cram in a lot before we are no longer a family of 3. One last date night, a fun mommy-daughter day, and family outings around town have kept us busy. This last weekend we asked Caroline what she wanted to do, and she said, "Go to Chuck E Cheese!" Luckily, we had a bunch of tokens left over from the last time we went, so it was easy to say yes.
10 years ago
8 comments:
You put into words my thoughts EXACTLY. What will it be like to have another one, to change diapers, to nurse again, to be up half the night with a newborn and then juggle another child. Ava turned 4 this last december and we are well on our way to being "set in our ways" too. What a big change this is going to be. All fabulous but change non-the less. I am looking very forward to reading your future blog posts and reading how everything goes. CONGRATS girl!!
I think you guys will adjust beautifully!! Her being able to do all those things on her own will make doing the newborn stuff soooooo much easier. You've waited so long for this little guy...that I think it will be (mostly) a delight for all of you. :)
Yeah, a couple more days. I must admit I'm a little jealous you know exactly when you're going and it's so soon. Good luck, we pray it all goes well for you. Keep us informed.
I am sure it will be a seamless adjustment. He'll fit in great and Caroline will be a great big sis.
Good luck this week! I can't wait to meet your little guy!
Just got a little teary reading this! So excited for you guys! You'll be WONDERFUL!
Sue, your family is so cute - I loved looking at the pictures and all the last-minute fun you're having. I couldn't be more excited for you and it really is amazing how a new little one just FITS RIGHT INTO your family as if he's always been a part of it. Love you all
Wow! I remember when you BECAME a family of THREE!! I'm glad you have been able to make the most of your time lately! And btw, you look great! I remember how big you got with Caroline and you're not even close! ;) We sure can't wait to meet little Miles! Good luck!
Post a Comment