Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Surprise Snow

I had no idea when I left the house on Saturday afternoon (for a girl's night out - woohoo! - thanks ladies!) that it would be snowing all night!

We got a few inches and church was cancelled! Snow is fun, but IT'S MARCH!!! Isn't it supposed to be Spring now?! I'm tired of tennis shoes, rainboots, jackets, gloves and coats! I really didn't expect it to be so wet and cold in this region. It rains about twice a week!


We did have a good time though. It was the good kind of snow that's perfect for snowballs and snowmen... if you know how to make snowmen. Ours always end up sort of triangular.




Archie loves snow! He romps around and plays outside more when it snows, than when it's sunny and dry!


7 comments:

Lant Family said...

Yeah where is all the spring weather? I am ready for some flip flops and capris. Lucy was excited to see a picture of Archie

Adrian said...

I don't even like snow and I'm jealous! Yesterday we broke a record with a high of 91*! Its killing me! I've been wearing capris for a week now and turned on my AC! Sad. Your pics are super cute! Enjoy the weather while you can! Just let me know when you want to switch!! ;)

Karen Scott Welker said...

I keep saying- Come to Houston. It's chilly enough to need warm blankets at night and jackets in the morning. But warm enough for flip-flops, capris and bikes in the afternoon. Love it!!! Yeah, I know. Don't ask me how much I love it in the middle of summer. At least you don't have to shovel humidity.

Courtney White said...

Cute little Archie! I am hoping we've tipped over to the Spring side here in Silver City. I didn't know that they ever cancelled church!

Joy said...

Looks cold! I didn't know that area was so cold either! But how fun to have some snow to play with in your own yard!

jewly said...

I agree the snow was a suprise and it rains allot, but it is kind of a nice change from AZ weather.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

such fun! i have always said that i would love to spend just ONE winter in the snow... enjoy! :)