Caroline and I were listening to her primary songs cd in the car today. "I Love to See the Temple" came on and we had the following conversation:
C: Let's go to temple and get married, Mom!
S: I'm already married to Daddy! Someday when you get older you can marry a boy in the Temple, ok?
C: OK. ...(quiet for a few seconds)... Like when I'm a Susan?
S: Huh?
C: I go to temple when I get bigger and I'm a Susan?
S: (laughing, now realizing what she means) Well, yes, when you're bigger and a grown-up like Mommy you can get married in the Temple, but your name will still be Caroline!
C: Oh. And I'll have big feet?
S: What?!
C: Yeah, when I'm bigger and a grown up and I go to the Temple, I'll have big feet like you?
S: Do you want big feet?
C: Yeah!
S: Sure then, When you're big and have big feet like Mom, you can go to the Temple and marry a nice boy.
C: Yes!
I'm just glad she has something to look forward to in life :)
10 years ago
8 comments:
Cute lil' conversation!! I've had some very similar to that with a certain little girl around here! Except she doesn't use feet as her measure of "bigness"....she uses bums...."Mom, when I get bigger I can have a big bum like you!!" (Said with all the admiration she can muster! :)
Very cute! She's so adorable.
Karen paved the way for our little girls to have big feet, too. I hope they grow up to be big-footed Karen's who get married in the temple!
Cute--it is fun to see how the world is viewed from a little ones point of view. I didn't know you had big feet :)
Haha crack me up! Cute little girl. I love that she wants BIG feet like mommy. :)
Kids are so funny. I love the conversations they say - definitely worth it to write them down!
What a great conversation! I love that she wants to be a "Susan"!
Heck, I want to be a Susan when I grow up!
I love the way a three year old's mind works.
That's awesome, I look forward to cute little conversations like that someday with Morgan. And hey, at least the girl has good goals. You know mom and dad are doing something right!
Post a Comment