Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Week

Ms. Independent:

One morning last week while I was cleaning up from breakfast, I told Caroline is was time to get dressed soon. A few minutes later she came down dressed! By herself! I was so surprised because she usually asks for help with everything - even slip-on shoes! The outfit she chose was: blue Nike track pants, a pink and purple striped turtleneck and her black church shoes! Everything was rightside out (including clean undies!!!), but her pants were backwards. I was so proud I didn't change a thing but her shoes because they fall off too easily.


Block Party:

Friday night David was at a camp-out for the scouts and I was watching our nieces for the night. We decided to have a High School Musical 3 party and invited some kids in the neighborhood to join us. It was CRAZINESS at Susan's house with 7 kids under 7 years old! (Baby Britni is not pictured) The ONLY time they were all sitting was when I made them sit down to take a picture! But the kids had fun and I'm glad that Caroline has friends in the neighborhood she can play with.



Hockey:

Saturday night we went with some other families to a RiverKings Hockey game. They're a semi-pro team that plays at the arena just 10 minutes from our house. This was our first time and it was pretty fun!


This is Caroline's photography - not bad! She's been wanting to take a picture every time the camera is out. I'm thinking of getting her one of those kid-proof digital cameras for her birthday next year.


Not the most flattering picture of me, but the other two look so cute so oh well! We had a good time and let me tell you, Hockey is MUCH more enjoyable in person than on TV! Caroline was actually pretty good and LOVED all the music and lights and was dancing with her friend Rhylan most of the time (and eating snacks of course).
Caroline started coughing that night so Dave kept her home from church (which she was not happy about, and she was missed by her friends who asked about her!) When I got home, Dave and Caroline had made me lunch and colored me a beautiful picture! I also noticed that they had read her "Book of Mormon Stories" book and Caroline told me they sang Primary songs while I was good which made my day! Later, Caroline took a nap with Dave. She's always been a kind of Mom's girl, but lately has been asking for Dad all day long. She always wants to call him at work and she lights up when he comes home. I am more than happy to pass the torch!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

it's fun when you discover that your kid can do something that you/they didn't even know they could (like getting dressed). And I agree, hockey games are fun to watch in person

Lant Family said...

Good for her and dressing herself! We are so bumbed we missed the hockey game.It looks like everyone had a really fun time.

Jim said...

Quite a week! Glad you let us in on it. How was the crowd at the hockey game? We quit going because the crowd was so bad (language, etc), maybe that's just in Tucson!!

Laurie said...

What a big kid! Kinda nice but in a way it means they are growing up. Sounds like you are having a blast but the Silver Cliffs crew missess you guys.