Thursday, March 19, 2009

Arizona

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Arizona
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

My trip went very well. It was hard and weird to be without Dave and Caroline for 6 days, but I'm still so glad I went!

I got motion sickness on the way there which was the total pits. Then, my mom picked me up and when I got out of the car I stepped on a cactus. Seriously. I had to pull the needles out. It was as if the cactus was saying, "Welcome back to the desert - honey! Ha Ha!" It hurt. really, very bad for many hours. I think barrell cacti (yes, the plural form of cactus is cacti for you non-southwesterners) has some sort of poison bacteria or something covering their spines because it swelled up and woke me with extreme shooting pains throughout the night until I snuck downstairs in the dark of the night and stole some Ibprofen from my brother, Dave's, medicine cabinet. (that was for you, Heather:) Jerk cactus.

Anyway, from here on out I'll just give you a brief re-cap so not to bore you with my trip details.

Friday: Out for Breakfast AND lunch with family (so spoiled) Grandma's viewing was very nice - good to see people I hadn't seen in so long, then a nice visit with my Sis-in-laws who are so cool.

Saturday: Funeral was nice - I cried more than I expected despite my best efforts. Grandma had the prettiest casket I've ever seen. Lots of pictures after. Later, Grandpa pulled out all of her old jewelry (which was a LOT!) for all of us to look at and take a piece or two home with - very cool. Pizza and games at Joe's with all my siblings! Fun! If you haven't played the game "Things" you should. ("You are SO goodlooking!")

Sunday: Church with Dave and Heather. Visit with family who had to leave the next day. Hear some great stories from Dad and Grandpa.

Monday and Tuesday: are kind of a blur! Took grandpa to a Dr. appt. Took my nephew Randy to the Zoo (let me tell you - spring is in the air at Reid Zoo!) Visited with friends - Adrian (and cute baby Hayley!) and Emily. Babysat my totally cool nieces - I love you girls!

Wednesday: Packed. went to park with mom and nephews. Got on a plane. Watched "Quantam of Solace". Got on another plane. Sat on the plane. Waited on the plane. Came home.

Whew!

I missed my kid and my man like crazy, but it was a good visit! Next time, I'll bring my sweethearts along and make a longer visit!

To My Family: Thank you for everything. I Love you all so very much. I couldn't ask for a better family. Brothers - you married awesome girls and Sisters- you married amazing men. I miss you. I hope to see you again soon! Dave says he wishes he could've been there and he misses and loves you too!

15 comments:

Luna said...

It sounds like your trip went really well. Glad you are made it back safe and sound.

Adrian said...

Oh Sue! It was SO fun to see you! Oh how I miss you! So glad you were able to come and spend so much time with your family! Bummer about the cactus!

Lant Family said...

Sounds like a nice trip and you were able to do some enjoyable things. We are glad you are back!

heather said...

It is always good to go home, especially when you live so far away. I am glad you were able to enjoy your visit even though you didn't have your fam with you. I know what that is like and it isn't fun. We miss you guys, next time you better come visit here also.

Candace said...

YOWCH! Sorry 'bout the cactus incident!

Glad you had a good visit home. I can imagine that you must have felt "incomplete", though, without Dave & Caroline! I know I probably wouldn't have known what to do with myself!

Brooke said...

I can't tell you how GREAT it was to see you. Joe mentioned that he felt bad we couldn't have spent more time together, and I echo that. Still, it was fun to spend time with you and I love that slideshow! Can't wait to see Dave and Caroline with you next time

Brooke said...

p.s. I will stalk this blog forever

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

Welcome Back! So glad you had a good trip minus the cactus! Great slide show!

Kimberlee said...

The slideshow made me tear up. It was so fun seeing you. Wish you were closer. Love you, Kim

Heather (wife, mom) said...

you have been our very best house guest, ever! thanks for such a great visit- we really loved having you, and eating out so much. thanks for the mention of sneaking downstairs... i was really more concerned about you turning lights on AFTER lights out time- some people just don't take house rules seriously :) kidding.

Chandra said...

Hey...glad it was fun...sounds like you had a really good time. I know what you mean about missing your sweethearts...when I flew out for a job interview, it felt soooo weird...and definately hope to NOT do it again! We should try and visit each other...I think it's only 1 days' drive....Harrisonburg, VA!
Talk to you soon :)

Karen Scott Welker said...

You are so good . . . I didn't know about the cactus incident until now. I would've been complaining to everyone. Thanks for taking Randy to the zoo. He had a great time. We can't to wait to see you and your fam in about a week!

Sherri Romney said...

Good 'ol Az. I miss it. Glad you had so much fun!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Hey Susan. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Glad you had a nice trip and got to see family.

Patty said...

Susan, sorry to hear about your grandmother.....