David's parents came all the way from AZ this week to visit! We've been looking forward to this for a long time, and Caroline honestly, loved every second!
We kicked off the week with a combined Family Home Evening with Dave's brother's families at our house.
Caroline and her pretty cousins! (Emily, Ashley, Caroline, Katelyn, Jessica, and Becca)
For our lesson we learned about Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. The girls each made their own "title" to remind them of what was most important to them. They did a great job!
The next day we took Nana and Grandpa to the Memphis Zoo!
Caroline and Nana on the zoo train.
The best part of the zoo was the polar bear who was very interested in the kids behind the glass! He played right in front of them and kept looking at them for a good 10 minutes! Just before we came to the polar bears we were discussing just how much the animals are aware of the humans walking around, looking at them. Well, the polar bear answered that! He really put on a show!
That's Caroline with her hand on the glass. It looked like he was trying to eat something out of her hand!
The Memphis Zoo is huge and beautiful. We decided to get a family membership, so if anyone wants to go sometime, we'll be happy to join you!
The Memphis Zoo is huge and beautiful. We decided to get a family membership, so if anyone wants to go sometime, we'll be happy to join you!
Caroline was really a ray of sunshine for those couple of days! No tantrums or whining, she just bounced around with a huge grin on her face! That was, until she found out that Nana and Grandpa were going back to Arizona. Her face just fell and she stared off into her lap. It broke my heart!
For most of my life, my grandparents lived in Utah and we only got to see them once every 1 or 2 years. But this last year they moved in with my parents and gave us all an opportunity to spend more time with them. They have seen so much and my grandpa tells the greatest stories of their lives together. Grandma was such a sweet lady and loved her grandkids and great-grandkids to pieces! I'm so glad I have this picture now.
I'm flying to Tucson tomorrow for her funeral. Unfortunately because Caroline is 3, she doesn't fly free anymore, so I'm going alone. This makes me nervous for many reasons. First, I don't know how to be without Caroline for 6 days!!! It hurts to think about it - I miss her already. Second, flying by myself is so scary! Not so much the flight part, but airports are big confusing places and the hustle and bustle makes me so anxious. So wish me luck and hopefully I'll be able to get on the right plane and on time! I'll miss grandma, but I'm excited to go home and be with my family.
p.s. thanks to everyone who is helping with Caroline while I'm gone and Dave is working - I appreciate you so much.

12 comments:
Wow I didn't realize you weren't bringing Caroline! Bummer she's not free anymorey! So sorry about your grandma! That is a really sweet picture of her! These aren't the best circumstances to be coming but I'm super excited to see you!!
I didn't realize that Caroline wasn't going either when I saw you yesterday! I know you have family here, but call me ASAP if you need me to watch her! I'd be happy to!!!
I love that there was a princess at FHE. And the pix of the polar bear are great! Check to see if your zoo membership gives you free admission to ours, because we have a membership too. Our zoo may not be as great as yours, but it's still a lot of fun. I love your pic of Grandma and your daughter. I'm sad that it's a funeral that's uniting us this weekend, but very excited to see everyone.
Great zoo pictures. Loved the polar bear and Caroline. Good job to whoever snapped that one. We are sad that Caroline is not coming, but so glad you are. You will navigate the airports just fine, and you are in our prayers, always.
It so good to have family visit! Good Luck with your trip! I can understand every bit how you feel. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Grandparents ARE great! I'm glad you had such a great time with them. Those polar bear pictures are awesome!! The walrus at our zoo is the most engaging zoo animal I've ever seen....it's almost scary! :)
Bummer about Caroline not being able to fly with you. :( And about flying alone, if it makes you feel any better, I navigated the Phoenix airport all by myself when I was 12 (YEAH, 12! Can't believe my parents let me!) and did just fine. Most airports I've been to are pretty good about making them easy to navigate with signs and stuff. Good luck!
Sorry to hear about your grandma! The pic of her and Caroline is precious and definitely something you will always cherish. Good luck traveling by yourself. Hopefully, you'll be able to navigate the airports just fine ;-)
Glad Caroline had fun... love the titles of Liberty, the girls are so creative and so grown up! It's funny its just the Martin girls in Memphis/Mississipi and no boys!! Love the Polar bear and the hippo pictures!
Grandparents are great! Cool pics of the hippos and polar bear! So fun
I hope you trip is low stress for you.
It's so funny that Caroline is always a princess :) You can't be any worse than I was on my first flight alone. I almost missed my flight and when I got on the plane, I just started balling because I was so nervous/stressed! It was really embarrassing.
Hey it was great seeing you in Tucson, I'm glad I was able to make it also. Seeing you and everyone was a real treat. It was cool that Robert and Melanie and of course my favorite Steven Maxwell Scott was able to be there too. :) What an awesome name: Steven Maxwell...kind of catchy. Lets do it again and share some ZINGERS.
Post a Comment