Friday, December 19, 2008

Zoo Lights


Last night we headed to the Memphis Zoo to see the lights. We were in good company with Ryan, Courtney and their girls and Uncle Brad!
The girls couldn't wait to ride the train. It goes around the farm area and we saw two real reindeer! Did you know even female reindeer have antlers? - it's true!
Caroline really just loves Uncle Brad. It usually takes her a while to warm up to men she doesn't see on a regular basis, but not Brad! When we were loading in the cars to go to the zoo, Caroline started crying because she wanted to ride with her cousins... until we explained that Brad was riding in our car. Crying came to an immediate hault and she jumped in with glee!
I'm not sure if the spots are due to the fog in the air or our camera.
Caroline really wanted nothing to do with this panda bear (which she insisted was a polar bear) I just dragged her over for a picture. Mean huh?
The men sat outside while the kids went in to visit with Santa. They really looked like a couple of grumpy old men in their porch chairs until I made them smile for a picture!
They had a room set up to decorate sugar cookies which the girls, of course, enjoyed!
It was fun mostly because the weather cooperated! Sorry I didn't get a picture of everyone touching the snake in the Herpetorium. I don't do snakes. I don't even like to look at them. I just waited outside of the building until they were done! What a wimp!

4 comments:

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

How fun! We haven't been to Zoo Lights in a few years. I don't do snakes either. Yuck!

Courtney White said...

Looks like a blast! Oh, by the way, the peer pressure thing worked. I told Livvy that Caroline sat with Santa, so she did too! Well, she didn't sit on his lap. She stood close to him, and hey, that is PROGRESS!

Kent Family said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time and the weather was decent!
Cute pictures!

Joy said...

How fun! I always wanted to go to our zoo lights, but have never been!