Saturday morning we went to "Breakfast with Santa" at the YMCA! We have really been looking forward to this and Saturday was very exciting!

(Waiting her turn with Mrs. Claus!)
We tried the Santa thing last year, but our usually outgoing girl was suddenly shy and scared. So we were a little worried this year that she would clam up.
BUT...
She was ALL smiles!
She ran right up to him and had a cute little conversation with Ol St. Nick! It was really so cute!
She even got a Christmas tree painted on her cheek (that you could still see a little this morning at church - in spite of a bath last night!) And they gave her a bag of "Magic Reindeer Food" (oats and green glitter:) to sprinkle on our lawn to attract the reindeer to our house!
It's so fun this year with her really understanding everything. She's excited for Santa to come and she has decided (with Dad's help) that he would like peanut butter cookies this year!
On a more spiritual note, we told Caroline the story of Christ's birth for family home evening on Monday. We used a nativity set and gospel art pictures and the 5 minute video from the church. It was probably THE BEST FHE we've ever had as a family. Caroline was so interested and really sat down, listened and asked questions. It really felt like how I always thought Family Home Evening should feel!
I think sometimes we think that kids are only interested in fun things. But kids want to learn and feel the Spirit too! Let's hope this is a trend and not just a Christmas-time fluke!
7 comments:
That looks so much fun. We haven't seen Santa this year, I can only imagine a repeat of a VERY scared Lucy. The live nativity sounds like it was really neat. I am glad that Caroline is understanding and having a fun time with Christmas.
Congrats on the successful FHE. I bet it is fun to have a 3 year old!
No one wanted to visit Santa this year except Randy. I can understand a 13 and 11 year passing, but Lucy?! She'd rather sleep in.
As for FHE, just when I've had it and feel like quitting, we end up having a beautiful FHE. We aren't the most consistent, but I can guarantee you'll have some doozies and some truly spiritual moments.
I can't wait til Jenna understands more. Right now, I get excited when she says 'Jesus' and kisses him from the nativity scene. We are working on being patient during the sacrament too, but really, the kid just wants more bread/water and watches the try move all over the chapel. Good times.
What great pictures of Caroline! She seems like she had a fantastic time- what a great event to have for the community.
I'm still waiting for my girls to be brave!
I think 3 is magical age for Christmas. Callie has been all about Christmas this year, more so than I expected. She loved decorating the tree, gave Santa a hug, and carries the Baby Jesus from our nativity in her pocket. Glad you guys are having so much fun with Caroline!
I am hoping that Livvy likes Santa this year. She has screamed every other year. I will tell her that Caroline isn't afraid. Maybe a little peer pressure will work!
Post a Comment