Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Spirit


One of the joys of home-ownership is the social obligation to hang Christmas lights on your house!

We had to borrow a ladder for the second level. I was nervous, but he seemed right at home up there!
Caroline was supposed to be napping during this, but she kept peeking out her window to spy on Dave on the ladder!
The picture's fuzzy, I know. I've been having a heck of a time with my camera lately.
But I think Dave did a great job, especially for a first-timer!

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

The lights look good, Dave did a great job. I like the blue, it really stands out and it is something different. Yeah Lucy wouldn't sleep either if she knew JJ was on the roof.

Brooke said...

Good for you guys! Joe doesn't do the christmas lights thing at all and I gave up after a poor attempt myself over our first christmas together. But- has agreed to next year for Brandon's sake. We go on walks at night and Brandon loves seeing the neighbor's lights and Joe likes to assess whether they are good/bad based on color/tastefulness and how straight they look. Makes for fun walking conversations. I'm glad Dave was so comfortable on the roof - I think they look great. :)

Courtney White said...

Way to go Dave! I would have fallen off the roof.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

that's so funny to hear brooke say that joe feels the same as my dave! what is wrong with your brothers susan?! your house looks great too! i love the colors and i'm sure caroline just loves them.

Jim said...

I love the lights. We don't agree about the need for lights, so I gave up, since I won't do them myself. Been thinking of asking my sons to do them for me, but sounds like that is a bad idea! Wonder where they got their attitudes from? It's a small thing, but I do love to see lights at Christmas. Thankfully my neighbors do a good job. Mom

Christine said...

looks like fun! send me an email-christinegeorge76@gmail.com so I can invte you to our blog.We went private!

jewly said...

I think he did a great job.

Sherri Romney said...

Hahaha! Love the new header!