Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Warning: Boring

I really have nothing exciting to say, I was just getting tired of having nothing new on the blog. So I figure I'll just recap the last few weeks.

-For those of you who don't know, our puppy, Stewy, died. Apparently he was born with a liver disease that no one could have known about until it was too late. He got really sick and after a few visits (a few expensive visits) to the vet, they told us that he needed to be put to sleep. It was so horribly emotional. He was the cutest little thing and we got attached to him so quickly and then he was gone. Dave has been talking with the family that we got him from, and it looks like they are willing to give us a puppy from their next litter that will be ready around Christmas time. So at least we'll have one of his siblings!

- Thanksgiving was good. We had a group of small families from our ward meet together at the church, about 20 people! We had soooo much food and it was soooo yummy!

- Our cat ran away this weekend. (yeah, we are having horrible luck with animals) We spent the night in Germantown on Friday for some dinner and games with Jeff and Joleen and we left her here in the house. She got out through a missing window pane in the spare room upstairs. (note to self: get upstairs window fixed) She's been outside several times before this, but she always came home for food and snuggles. Sophie really is part of the family. Dave is especially attached her. So we've been calling shelters and animal hospitals in the area, but no one has seen her. It's becoming apparent to me that my Heavenly Father does not trust me to have stewardship over anything else but what I have. I guess I need to work on my mothering/nurturing skills.

I had a funny conversation with Caroline today. She coughed a few times after I put her in the car to go grocery shopping.

Susan: Yikes! That doesn't sound so good!
Caroline: Yeah, I'm all coffee (that in itself is so cute!)
Susan: Did mommy give you her cough?
Caroline: Yeah
Susan: I'm sorry!
Caroline: It's ok. I'll give it back tomorrow.

Love that kid.

9 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Oh Susan! My heart broke for you when I heard about your cute little Stewy. I am so sorry. And now Sophie cat! I hope she comes back to you...
Maybe it will be a Christmas Miracle- a new puppy and Sophie will come back?

We always say that we are 'coffee', and I always think it's pretty silly.
Dave taught Jenna to say 'burr' when we go outside- I love the things kids say.

Margaret Pratt said...

Oh geesh, that's tough! I hope your kitty comes back soon and you have a sweet puppy waiting for you on Christmas!

Pierce Family said...

Wow, you've had it rough! I'm sorry. I LOVED your conversation with Caroline! She's too precious!

Candace said...

Aw Susan, you HAVE had a rough couple weeks! I'm sorry. I hope you'll be able to get that new puppy soon. Stewy was adorable. And I hope Miss Sophie will find her way back soon too.

BUT, there is one thing I feel I MUST reprimand you about and it is this line from your post:

"It's becoming apparent to me that my Heavenly Father does not trust me to have stewardship over anything else but what I have. I guess I need to work on my mothering/nurturing skills."

All I have to say about that is....BALONEY!!! You are an awesome wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, etc., etc. Maybe you meant that in jest....but I wanted you to know that I know it's not true.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Amen to Candace. Sounds like you need to fix a hot bath, a cup of hot cocoa and re-read some conference talks. May I suggest Elder Cook's and Elder Wirthlin's (So sad he's gone.) We love you!!!

Brooke said...

well, at least it's good news that you have a new puppy to look forward to, but that is so sad to hear about your cat!

I will also confirm that you are a GREAT mom and I just think you're amazing!

Luna said...

I love those cute conversations with kids!

The Martin Family said...

Sorry to hear about the animals. We had horrible luck with both our cats right before we had the twins. Give Caroline a big hug for us!

JR and Steph said...

I love the little conversations with kids, they always have the funniest things to say and they can always make you smile!