Thursday, August 7, 2008

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!

I NEVER thought that I would be able to blog about this blessed event so soon, but lo and behold!
With us just moving here, and David working for his brother, we thought it would be several months before anyone would even consider us for a home loan! But David's brother, Ryan, referred us to a great loan officer and real estate agent and said to just go for it! What's the worst that could happen? They could say, "Come back in 6 months." ?
But they didn't!
So we got pre-approved and started looking. (Okay, so I've been looking all along, but now it was much more official!)

We met with our agent (which I now highly recommend getting, for anyone looking for a house)
on a Wednesday, we looked at the houses she picked out for us that Saturday, we made an offer Sunday, and had a house by Monday!

It all happened so fast, but really, I think it was all a part of Heavenly Father's plan for us. Call me crazy, but I think this is how it happened (of course this is pure Susan theory) But a few weeks ago, I still didn't understand why some of these things were happening, but now I think I do!
1. 3 years ago, David researches optometry schools, and for some reason the Southern College of Optometry (in Memphis) stands out to him. I thought he was crazy for making up his mind without seeing this or any other school.
2. David's brother, Jeff, goes looking for a new career, and a new city and his search takes him through Memphis,TN (which he and his wife fall in love with)
3. Jeff and Joleen randomly move to Tennessee (now we know it wasn't so random, but again, at the time everyone was like, "Memphis? Huh?"
4. David takes the OAT and applies for optometry school and doesn't make it. (at the time, that was super hard and we didn't understand why this was happening to us)
5. David's brother, Ryan, moves to Hernando,MS (a few minutes south of Memphis) to start a home - rehab business. (Seriously, this shocked me when we heard they were moving)
6. Jeff and Joleen offer us a place to stay and Ryan offers Dave a place to work. (now this is extremely generous, but at first I was thinking "living and working with family? Yikes. that has trouble written all over it!")

Now, if Jeff had never moved here, none of this would have happened. If David had gotten into Optometry school right away, he wouldn't have worked this year and buying a house would not have been an option. If Ryan had not moved here and started his business, David would not have the job he has now and we would never have connected with the awesome people that made getting our house possible.

Wow. The Lord works in mysterious ways and hind-sight is certainly 20-20. I know that there is more to the story to come. I know the Lord has more reasons why we need to be where we are moving.

I suddenly feel so clear and realize that so much of what I worry about is already taken care of, though I don't know it.

This proves to me, once agian, I need to have a little more faith. David is great in the whole faith area. Me - not so much. (that was for you Adrian:)

I will post details about our house soon! So excited!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Christine said...

congrats! What does Jo think? I'm excited to hear the details and am sad you won't be in the ward. Houses are fun and work but worth it!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

wow! i am so happy for you susan! i cannot wait for details on the house!

Candace said...

AHHHHHH!!! That is SOOOO exciting! I'm super, duper (now that's a lot!) happy for you guys! Things do seem to have just "fallen into place for you", in regards to moving to Memphis. I hope getting accepted to optometry school there is part of that!!!

Yes, do post details & pictures!

Josh and Cori said...

WOW!! That's so exciting! I can't even dream of having a house right now. You are so going to love having your own place to decorate how you want, paint the walls whatever color you want, do your yard however you want, and the list goes on. I hope the Optometry thing works out as well-if it's supposed to happen, it will. That's what I tell myself and it is true! The Lord does have a plan for us, but he does work in mysterious ways sometimes.

The Martin Family said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on the house! It does sound like everything is going well for you guys. A house is well worth the investment. Can't wait to see pictures.

jewly said...

Congratulations! Buying a house is so exciting. I know that everything happens for a reason and it all works out in the end. I Can't wait to party in the new house!

Our Ohana said...

HOW EXCITING!!!! Congratulations!!! I want to see some pics and details as soon as you get a chance! That's so awesome! And I can't believe how perfectly everything worked out - hindsight REALLY IS 20-20 huh?!

Adrian said...

First, thank you for that!!! I was already laughing out loud before I even read my own name!!! I was just watching the episode with "the game" and I was telling Travis that you and I could quote that entire episode word for word(and did it often)!

Second, I am constantly awed by the blessings our Heavenly Father gives us!!! I love when you can look back and think "before when things didn't go our way that kind of sucked, but now it is so so so worth it!!"

Third, are you freaking kidding me?!?!? You totally surprised me on this one!!!! I'm not gonna lie... I have mixed feelings about this. Initially I am totally 100% thrilled for you guys! Probably because I love love love being a homeowner and I know how bad you've wanted a house! (Which overall is still my main message to you!)

However this is a more permanent move implying that you AREN'T coming back to Arizona for a LONG, LONG time! I don't know how I feel about this! :( When you lived in Silver City, I always knew it was temporary! But now you'll have a house... that's really where you live! It's just so far away!!

Alright so maybe I'm just 100% selfish right now! (I blame pregnancy!) But I'm seriously so excited for you guys!

Sorry I've been a crappy commenter lately! Wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly enjoyed Caroline's comments! They bring a smile to my face! (and I always read them to Dustin!) It's so much funnier now that we know her little personality!

Apparently I should have just emailed you! We need to chat! And I swear if you don't put up pictures soon, I'm going to burst! (Again, I blame pregnancy!) Congrats and love you guys!!!!

Brooke said...

Sue, I don't know how I missed this blog post until now. Congratulations! This IS really soon and I'm so excited that you guys found the right house and know that moving there was the right decision. We miss you tons though.