Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello House...Goodbye Computer!

Well, it's official - we closed on the house today! I feel so relieved! In the back of my mind I was always preparing myself for something to go wrong (termites, foundation cracks, lead paint) and the deal would fall through (it's true - little known fact about Susan: TOTAL Pessimist! drives Dave nuts), but now we've got keys!

Unfortunately though, we procrastinated ordering phone, internet, and cable so it's looks like I'll be taking a break from "Ted" for a while. (Dave will be thrilled)

Oh, I can now share my cute little Caroline tale ! (I've been saving it just in case we didn't get the house. Again, I know, so little faith)

*So, since we got here we've been dragging Caroline on long, boring drives looking through lots of empty, boring houses. Every house we'd go in we'd ask, "Caroline, do like this one?" and she'd reply (whining) "Noooo! I'm hungry (or tired or wanna go home, etc)" When we looked at our house the first time, we were sans Caroline. We brought her back the next day (before we made an offer) and showed her around. When we went in what is now her room, she looked around and exclaimed wide-eyed "This IS my house!"
That was good enough for me.

9 comments:

Kristine said...

That is a precious story. Make sure you write it in your (or her) journal. Did I ever tell you about my kids journals? I'll have to do a blog post on that sometime soon. Ahhh...inspiration!

Our Ohana said...

HOW CUTE! And I'm glad everything worked out with the house - I'm like you too, I always expect the worst so my hopes don't get let down and if it does work out i'm just more excited about it!!!

Brooke said...

I'm so happy it all worked out and that it's a done deal. That is so cute what Caroline said. You are going to have many good memories in that house. Are you moving soon? Don't want to be away from "Ted" for too long now

Jolene said...

How exciting! Your first place!! I cried when we signed the papers for our condo. I don't know why maybe cause it was a big step in our lives or forking over tons of money, or maybe it was because I was signing a bunch of papers that I didn't know the meaning of!!

Christine said...

When do you guys move in? Have fun unpacking.

Alicia said...

Well, that seals it! She's so stinkin' cute. I love all the little things she says.

Good luck moving in! So happy for you guys!

Garet and Amanda said...

Cute story. I am so glad that everything has worked out for you guys. I can't wait to see the pictures of the house with david and susans touch!!!

jewly said...

Congratulations on the house, although you will be missed. You need to come hang out on girls night sometimes. Good luck with unpacking and getting settled in.

Chandra said...

so, are you still in Memphis...what is the town called? This is a really cute story...meant to be!!!
Happy unpacking!