Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our (soon to be) home



So here is the front of the house. We close on Aug 20th and plan to move in that weekend. The neighborhood is very cute. We looked at a few new homes, but decided we liked the older neighborhoods better. There's more trees and all the houses look different! And there's pleanty of level yard in front and fenced yard back for Caroline to play in! (and maybe a dog?:)





Here's the kitchen (the person taking the picture is standing in the dining area). The previous owner bought it as a foreclosure this year, and then flipped it. So it's nice to have new floors and paint and cabinets and stuff, so we dont have to put much work into it!

However, we are planning on replacing some old windows and the upstairs bathroom fixtures. Which means it's a good thing that there's a Home Depot 5 minutes away! (I foresee many trips to H.D. in the future!) It's kind of weird that the washer/dryer are exposed in the kitchen, but I found out that they moved them in there from where they were, connected in the outside storage shed! So considering the other option, in the kitchen is just fine with me!



All in all we're soooo excited and I feel like these next 2 weeks can't go by fast enough!

Caroline loves the stairs and the backyard. She's already started asking for a swingset for "the new house".



I feel so anxious and I think I'll sigh a breath of relief when the keys are actually in our hands!

13 comments:

Christine said...

It looks very cute!

Candace said...

WOW, it's beautiful!! How many bedrooms/baths, sq. feet? EXCITING!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It is so much fun having a place of your own. We are loving our house.

The Martin Family said...

Looks like a great house! I love neighborhoods where the houses are all different. Interesting place for the washer and dryer, but it will probably end up being very convenient. Ours is right off the kitchen and I like that because I don't forget about it as much.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

susan- it is beautiful! your kitchen is huge! i cannot wait to hear about all the adventures that are going to happen inside :)

Brooke said...

Love the pictures. I saw the ones you sent your mom as well and all I have to say is - every room is HUGE! :)

Kristine said...

WooHoo! What a blessing!
I'm so excited to hear more and see more pictures.
I see the washer and dryer as a huge blessing.
Exposed or not.

Our Ohana said...

HOW CUTE! I love it! I'm glad you explained why the washer and dryer were in the kitchen ... I was puzzled! Maybe we'll have to come out to Memphis and see you guys and we can break in your guest bedroom ;o)

Garet and Amanda said...

I am sooo jealous!!! It is so cute! I love the yard..and the wood in the kitchen. How many bedrooms/sq. ft? Garet I are still looking here, and have not had alot of luck. I wonder if Heavenly Father has something in store for us.

Joy said...

Congratulations on the house, we didn't even know you guys were looking! It looks really cute. How's Dave gonna find time to fix things up when his brothers are working him to death??? just kidding... You'll have to send us your new address.

Courtney White said...

We are so excited for you! The space will be great for you, especially coming from Silver Cliffs. Take lots and lots of pictures, so we can take a little "virtual" tour!

Alicia said...

CONGRATS!!

That is so exciting! I want to give you a puppy as a house-warming gift, but they don't mail well.

I can't wait to see more pictures to come when you've made the house all your own. You did so good with your apartment in Thatcher. I loved coming to home teach you and see your cute sofa covers.

It looks amazing. We're excited for you! Keep us posted!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

The house is cute! Is there any way they can pick it up and drop in off in our ward boundaries? Maybe Jo's backyard? Or maybe some distance is a benefit? :) Hope our Tuesday night purchases work out for both of us!