Wednesday, July 16, 2008

life in the last week

So far, not much has changed for us since my last post. David started working with his brother and really seems to like it! Every now and then we look up houses for sale online and drive around to find them. I don't think we are in a place right now where we could buy a house, but it's good to get to know the city and neighborhoods and find out what we like and what we don't. I've found that the more I sit around being bored, the more homesick I am, but I've been trying to get out and keep myself busy (with help from Joleen, Caroline and her cousins!) So far our favorites are making bead bracelets (thanks Courtney:) play-doh, and watching Caroline jump around in her new little plastic pool. Oh, and shopping of course (yikes!) Ok, and I finally read "Twilight". I know, I'm a little behind.
Here's what Caroline has been up to:


It was quite a feat to get this thing home from Walmart. We had to buy some rope and tie it to the roof! We always joke about what the neighbors must think of us in this ritzy neighborhood! We drive a 12 year old Maxima with a broken tail light and one of the silver M's missing from the back! I think the property value in Germantown dropped a little two weeks ago!

I found stick-on earrings on a shopping trip a while ago and Caroline loves them! She asks for a pair every day and looks at her shirt to match the color!

I can't believe July is half over! I love summer but everyone promises awesome weather in the fall so I'm excited for that. It'll be neat to see real Autumn leaves for once!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Oh Sue…I’m sad you’re homesick! I miss you already! So remember that thing I told you that last time I saw you…it’s time for you to be surprised and look at my blog!

Adrian said...

Love the pool and her earrings are precious!!! Have you started working yet? You haven't read Twilight before now?!?!?! The fourth books come out on Aug 2!!! You better check up! You'll be hooked! (and in love with Edward like I am!)

Kristine said...

We miss you! I'm glad you're getting some time to read. Sweet Caroline is growing up way too fast.

Good luck (and have fun) looking at homes. It's always nice to dream.

Joy said...

Just wait, once Dave has his own business, you'll be enjoying life if your very own ritzy neighborhood!