We were so lucky to have our moms come and visit this last month. They both helped us out A LOT with the kids and house, and it was just nice to visit too. Before Miles was born we took my mom to the Pink Palace Museum.
My mom was so wonderful while she was here. She acted as my chauffeur to and from the hospital while Miles was in the NICU. We went 3-4 times a day so I could feed him. I loved being able to talk to my mom so much while she was here. Since I went to college, I've lived in a different town as her, and I'm just not a very good phone-caller, so it was great to just talk and talk with my mom! She helped with cooking, cleaning, and entertaining Caroline. I really don't know what I would have done those 2 weeks without her.
Dave's mom was here this past week. It was great to have her here for Miles' blessing on Sunday, which was also her birthday! She was so good at playing with Caroline, who we started calling our "Activities Coordinator" because she would tell Nana, "Ok, we're going to play Polly Pockets, then we're going to color, then we're going to play hopscotch outside..." She definately kept Nana busy!
10 years ago
2 comments:
Mom's are wonderful! I'm glad they both got to visit you and help you out!
Moms are great. I hate to say but probably a little underappreciated until you start having kids yourself. Now you guys need to move back here so you can Caroline and Miles can be closer to both their grandmas!
Post a Comment