A few weeks ago I had the chance to go to the Final Four in Houston with my friend Dan. He had bought the tickets a while ago and the guy that was originally going with him couldn't, so he asked me if I wanted to go (after he asked Ryan, but Ryan had his little girl in town and couldn't go, too bad sucker!). Dan owns a flooring business and we have him do all the carpet in our houses. It was Dan and I, then we met his brother Floyd down there. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to be spending 5 days with 2 guys pushing 60, but was fun, they are both laid back and funny "older" guys. (The pictures aren't the best quality, I took our old camera because it's small and could fit in my pocket)
They had the games in Reliant Stadium, where the Texan's play there football games.
Outside the stadium they had the "Tailgate Tip Off". All of the sponsors had their tents and there was different activities going on. There was different bands playing all weekend. In the picture is the Flutie Brothers Band, and if you look closely that's Doug playing the the drums.
We were up in the "cheap seats", but i didn't care we could see fine. We went to the two semi final games Saturday and then the national championship Monday night.
We stayed in Galveston right on the Coast, it was about 40 mins or so south of Houston. I'm glad we did, it's not every day this Arizona boy sees the beach. This was the view from our hotel room.
One of the days we spent the afternoon at the Kemah Boardwalk. It had some rides, shops, and restaurants.
My favorite rides were the roller coaster (above) and the drop ride. There was never very much of a line at the drop ride, all the little kids couldn't ride it and it scared most of the adults, so I rode it about 12 or 13 times. And no matter how many times I went on it, it always would freak me out when we'd get to the top.
This is Dan, myself, and Floyd
I do have to thank my sweet, wonderful, lovely, kind, amazing, nice, ridiculously good looking, giving, smart, funny, generous, fantastic, understanding, caring, great, awesome wife for letting me leave her with Caroline and our 3 week old baby for 5 days. Thank you sweetheart!!!!!!! I really really really had a good time.
6 comments:
How fun to have a little get away! Especially cool that you were at the final 4, JJ is very jealous.
You have a very cool wife for allowing you to leave her~ looks like a blast, and hopefully Susan has forgiven you :) Fun Fun!
You do have a terrific wife. And it sounded like a great trip. But your pix made me miss Houston. I think we even stayed in that hotel or one near it one spring break.
Dave, I think this was so awesome. No one deserves a fun b-ball weekend away more than you! Thanks for sharing the pictures
Galveston looks fun, never been there. Glad you had fun at the game, Tad would have loved to go too! That is something you'll always remember.
Did she pay you to say all that stuff about her? She is a great wife and I'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment