So you may have heard that Dave was coveting, I mean wanting, a new PlayStation 3. He's been saving (literally, cash in a jar on his dresser) for a few months. For Christmas, he asked for money for his PS3 fund.
Well, during the week of Christmas, Dave's brother went out of town and Dave kindly volunteered to "babysit" his PS3 (you know, so it wouldn't get lonely in that empty house all week) So Caroline and Dave played with it all week . The PS3 is definately geared towards adults and older kids. They didn't like the "move" games (like Wii) very much. But they loved the racing games and used it a lot that week.
So New Years came around and Dave called Caroline and I downstairs and he had a big surprise for us!
He bought a Wii with his PS3 money?! I was shocked and a little confused. We hadn't even talked about this! Although, I was touched that he used his money to buy something a little more family-friendly instead of what he personally really wanted. So I guess we're now a Wii-Family? Caroline LOVES it. and I love that she and Dave have something they love to do together. I'm still not a video-game person. I just don't get it really. But if I'm going to play a video game, I definately prefer the Wii or music games like Guitar Hero.
These pictures are Caroline and Dave playing with their new toy on New Year's Eve - they make me laugh!
10 years ago
8 comments:
Riley's absolute favorite game is the new James Bond, Golden Eye. And Zelda. We also like Wii fit and Wii party.
We do netflix from our Wii, it is wonderful!! Riley and I watch instant movies and TV shows on our TV and the kids can watch Dora and Diego all they want.
You asked these questions on the family website and I forgot to post the kids' answers, since they are the experts. We do Netflix on the Wii and yes, you can hook it up to the internet to download more stuff. You can also connect with other Wii owners, but I don't know how or why. You'll have to ask Ty about that. Favorite games- Mario Kart, Beatles Rock Band (I concur), Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Ware Smooth Moves (that's a weird, but funny one). Ty likes Zelda Twilight Princess, but admits it wouldn't be a Caroline kind of game. They also like old GameCube games- Kirby Air Ride is Lu's favorite. Hope that helps.
Yeah I am for sure not a video game person at all. But it looks like Dave and Caroline are having a blast! Dave is so nice to think of the family with his purchase :)
I don't have much advice/insight to offer on Wii stuff either, as we have only owned one since May - but our kids LOVE their new lego star wars game!!
I'm totally prego because I almost cried when I read this post. That is so sweet for him to use his saved money.
We are connected to the internet and have downloaded a few games that we play often like Dr. Mario and Tetris. We also enjoy Just Dance, it's good for a little exercise for me and I'm sure Caroline would love it. (Maybe go for the new kids version). We also really like Mario World. I'm terrible at Mario Bros games but this is really fun because four people can play at once and help each other out. We also just got Wii Play and it's okay so far, I'll keep you updated.
We just got a Wii for Christmas! We officially got rid of cable today and are going to solely rely on netflix with the wii. We just got it and don't have very many games. But dustin has the James Bond 007 game (Dave might like it). I got the Biggest Loser workout game and I love it! We also have Mario Kart they we play together. Caroline would probably like that too. Have fun!
We love the Wiiii! While the kids love it for games ( Mario, Lego Starwars & Indiana Jones, etc.) Vic and I use it a ton for Netflix instant watch. There are tons of old movies, televsion shows, musicals, etc to watch! Hope you guys enjoy it too!
I don't have a Wii, but the games I like our Just Dance, Guitar Hero, and the old classics like Dr. Mario Brother and all those fun old ones.
Post a Comment