Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Productive New Year's

We spent our New Year's weekend painting. We've been wanting to paint our living room since we moved in. We hate the flat paint they use around here - it doesn't clean well at all. And the color we had was the same color that they use in all the houses Dave works in - so it doesn't exactly give him warm fuzzies!

So we took the 3-day weekend as an opportunity to roll up our sleeves and work!

Caroline wanted to help, so we let her do a little. It took half a day to prep, and two full days to paint, but we did it!
For weeks, we'd been buying paint samples and trying to decide on a color.

And we love the result!







The pictures aren't the best quality, but you get the idea.
A few weeks ago we also cleared out our spare room and painted it. We're on a roll! We set a goal to try and do some sort of home improvement project every month. We've got a long list, so it's just a matter of motivation (and funds. but we've got another resolution to work on that one!) Our goals range from small and cheap (organize the shed) to moderate (tile a backsplash in the kitchen). Wish us luck!
Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Lant Family said...

love the new color!! Good luck on getting everything checked off on your list!

Jim said...

The house looks great, love the color and the decor. I think I need my daughters and daughter-in-laws to come give my home a makeover! Caroline looked like a big help, and keep working on that list. Love ya, Mom

Brent & Paij Collins said...

I love the color. It seems so warm and homey. I hope Dave has warm fuzzies now. Once you finish all your projects, can you start on mine?

Grandpa M. said...

Your house looks great. You need to send Caroline to help Nann. I came home from work yesterday to a room full of paint samples. Today I came home for lunch and she had mixed a combination of several paint samples and painted spots all over the walls to see how it looks. Who knows tomorrow maybe the living room and hallway will be painted.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Love, love, love it. Anytime you're tired of improving your house, you can come help us with ours.

Joy said...

Looks great!! It looks like a completely different house now!

The Martin Family said...

It's amazing how paint can change the look of a room and house. It looks great! Caroline can come over anytime and help me finish the kitchen.

R and A Lambert said...

It looks awesome! good job getting it all done in a short amount of time.

The Sullengers said...

I love home improvement projects - I really enjoy them! The color is great! I want to tile our kitchen blacksplash too! Good luck with the projects!

Garet and Amanda said...

I love the color. garet and i want to do some painting aswell..Got any ideas?

Alayna said...

I'm a sucker for a good makeover! You're a girl after my own heart...grey and green. I love it. Nice job.

Adrian said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out! I'm been agonizing over paint samples as well. I hope my room turns out as cute as yours!