Friday, January 8, 2010

A Great Thrift Store Find

A few days ago, a friend and I took our little girls to a neighboring town to do some thrift store shopping.

One we went to was a "Goodwill Outlet". That's right, an outlet thrift store! Hilarious. So what does an outlet thrift store look like? A large room full of giant bins filled with stuff. The bins are at least organized by clothes, shoes, bags, books, and toys - but beyond that, not much. No size, gender, or age catagories. So pretty much you stand around the bins and dig through other people's junk until you find something worthwhile. Awesome.

The best part? Pricing. You pay...get this... by the pound!!! Yes, clothes are $1.50 A Pound! How funny is that?!

While my friend was unable to dig up something of value, Caroline and I unearthed this gem:


It's shiney, poofy, has lace, flowers, and a hoop skirt. Needless to say, she loves it! I have no idea what it might have been used before (quincenera flower girl?) but now it's the best dress-up dress ever.
We brought it home, washed it, and she's been wearing it every chance she gets and has probably gotten married to an invisible prince named "Joe" about 7 times in the last 3 days.
Oh, girls are fun!

10 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

WOW!!! Rhylan would be wearing it all day too. I agree, what a gem. I love little girls and dress up. That is mostly what Rhylan got for Christmas, I am compiling all the photos for one great blog fashion show;)

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Such fun! Jenna needs some dress-up clothes, and I hadn't even thought of heading to the thrift stores. And Joe?? Perhaps after an Uncle of hers? too cute!

Lant Family said...

That is great--I love that she has married Joe 7 times. Did you go to the Goodwill in Hernando? I have heard that place is crazy but you can find some good stuff.

Joy said...

Awesome!! We're jeolous!!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

That thing cleaned right up. It looks beautiful. I love it!

The Martin Family said...

That is too cute! What a great find. I love going thrift store shoping.

Brooke said...

so cute! and that is funny about a thrift store outlet where you pay by the pound

Chandra said...

WOW! What an AWESOME FIND!!!!

The Sullengers said...

I still get a kick out of this! So great!

Sherri Romney said...

How dang cute is that!?! I think you guys are so funny. ;) Just got your package today, sent you a message on facebook. Thank you so so much! That was so sweet of you guys! Love ya!