Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So "Wicked"!

A few weeks ago I saw the musical "Wicked".
It. Was. Awesome.


It's the story of the witches in the Wizard of Oz and how they knew each other before Dorothy came, and were actually best friends. It explains so much like about how the wicked witch became wicked, how the ruby slippers came to be, the scarecrow, and everything else in the story!
I love, love, loved it! I love going to musicals - this is my 5th time seeing a touring Broadway musical and it's probably my favorite! Ok, maybe it's tied... Phantom of the Opera was awesome and I saw it twice. But I'd definately go see "Wicked" again! It was so amazing, and funny, and moving.


Jo and the girls. We went out to dinner first and walked down Beale St. to get to the Orpheum theater, which by the way, was beautiful!

Me and my beautiful nieces!

I still have the songs stuck in my head sometimes! Joleen bought a ton of tickets and a bunch of people from her ward went. I didn't know who I was sitting next to, but it didn't matter. I get so absorbed into things like this. When I watch musicals it feels like I forget where I am until they turn the house lights back on! I love it! This ticket was my Mother's Day gift and I'd gladly take a ticket to a good show every year!

11 comments:

Lant Family said...

It sounds like a blast! I have never seen it but hear it is really good.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous. I have yet to see any kind of musical live. One day.

FYI- Don't read the book that the musical was based on. I only read a couple of chapters before I quit and questioned why so many amazing LDS women loved this story. Then I was told that the musical was not nearly as raunchy as the book. Let me know if you hear something different.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I am so bummed that I missed it when it came to Tucson! Everyone is raving about this one---

I also tried the book, and gave up.

Glad you had a great time.

Garet and Amanda said...

Again I am so jealous! Wicked came her a couple of weeks ago(to mesa) and I wanted to go soooo bad. by the time we heard about it, they were pretty much sold out. So sad. but I am glad that you got to go!

Sherri Romney said...

Looks like a blast! I love musicals too. Your hair looks really really pretty too by the way. Oh and I loved your last post too! She is hilarious! It is so fun that she is becoming this little person!

Brooke said...

So glad you loved it!! It is A GREAT show and I was listening to the music nonstop for a few weeks afterward.

Chandra said...

I've never been to a musical...it sounds really really good...perhaps in the next little while!

The Martin Family said...

I am so jealous. I have been wanting to see that forever. It is playing here, but there aren't any tickets left!

Joy said...

Sounds like a great musical... I'll have to go sometime!

Hilary Stailey said...

Lucky!!!! My sister went and she LOVED it, she can't stop talking about it! I would love to see it too!

Jolene said...

I'm jealous! I've been wanting to see wicked but when it came to Utah it sold out super fast!