Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Like mother, like daughter


...and so it begins.
Caroline spent almost an hour playing Curious George on the computer today! I had to pry her away at bedtime. I never thought I'd be making "computer-time" negotiations while she was still 3, but I guess we live in a technology-driven world. I just hope she gets her computer smarts from her uncles and not her parents!




On a completely unrelated note,

our dear little Archie is sporting a new look these days:


I thought getting a dog "fixed" was a simple procedure and its effects unnoticed in a day or two, but not so. They told me Archie was to wear his collar for 10 days! And no jumping or climbing for 10 days! The poor guy can't reach his mouth into his food dish, so I have to help him eat and drink. He can't get his stylish little collar out the doggy door, so I have to take him out and lift him down and up off the deck to go to the bathroom! The first 2 days I felt sorry for him and his discomfort, but now I'm starting to feel sorry for me! ;)

9 comments:

Grandpa M. said...

Have Caroline teach Joleen how to keep her blog updated. I feel sorry for both you and Archie. You need to make a "count down calendar" for him.

The Sullengers said...

Oh but he is so cute!!! That is funny about Caroline loving computer games - do you blame her? They are so fun!!!1 :)

Brad Martin said...

and by "uncles" we are assuming your talking about your brothers and maybe me....and not jeff.

Sherri Romney said...

Too funny! Caroline is getting so big! and I feel bad for you too. I got Buddy fixed and had to follow a similar pattern. Did you know they have doggy pain pills??? They sent me home with these treats that i had to break in half to help with the pain. Too funny

The Martin's said...

BAAAHHH!! Archie has to wear the "cone of shame"! You will have to see 'UP' to understand. Poor Archie.

Chandra said...

AHAHAH! CUte!!!! I know....they hate those things for about 2 days...then it seems that they don't even really pay attention to them anymore! Archie looks cute though! It will be over soon!
You guys are great on the computer...what are you talking about?

Brooke said...

She is too cute. And I love your pictures from Arizona. Can you send me some of the ones of Caroline and Brandon? I'll do the same for you if you like... It was such a great visit, we're happy we got to spend so much time with you!

Luna said...

We have "computer time" too. We have several well loved kids sites we regularly visit.

Adrian said...

My daughter is already like me too! You live on the computer, I live on my phone. Hayley is already obsessed with my phone! She is 6 MONTHS OLD!! Anytime I get it out, she grabs for it. Dustin got out and old phone and she loves it! We're in trouble...