Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Halloween

Halloween was really, honestly fun this year! It's so different when your kid is old enough to know what's going on and gets excited!


First, we went to our Mom's Group Halloween party on Thursday


Caroline was a ballerina for this one because I didn't want her Snow White dress to get dirty or ripped or something!
Caroline wrapped up in toilet paper like a mummy!

Towards the end of the party the kids decided it would be more fun to play in the hallway on the chairs and giant roll of carpet. They're playing "train" in this picture!

This is probably my new all-time favorite picture of her!
Again, Mom. we LOVE this dress! People at our ward party were impressed! Especially with her detachable collar and cape!
Caroline had so much fun this Halloween! She LOVED trick-or-treating and was a model example: she had a smile plastered on the whole time, said "trick-or-treat", "thank you!" and "Happy Halloween!" every time. She was LOVIN' life!
As per our family tradition we painted our pumpkins. We're not big fans of carving - the mess, the sharp objects, the mold after a few days, etc. So we found that this kept us in the spirit and gave us a creative outlet.
Happy Halloween!

12 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

I did the same thing to Lucy. She couldn't wear her Cinderella dress to her Preschool's party, but she wore it for Trunk or Treat. Don't you just love princesses!!! And I think that's my new favorite photo of Caroline too. Good job, Grandma!!!

Brooke said...

Caroline looks PERFECT in that costume! I love that picture too and agree that Halloween getting more and more fun with our growing kiddos. Glad you had a good one :)

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Smart idea with the two costumes- that's the beauty of 'dress-up' clothes, right? I think that we might just paint our pumpkins next year. While I LOVE carving the pumpkin, it gets all yucky and wrinkly too quick.

jewly said...

Cute costume and great pumkins!

Patty said...

Caroline is darling in either costume!!!

heather said...

She is so cute! I love the pumpkin idea. Is that short hair I see Susan? Such a cute family picture.

Adrian said...

Cutest little Snow White that I've EVER SEEN (and I actually saw a bunch this year)!!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

That picture of Caroline is darling! She IS Snow White. Painting pumpkins is a cute idea. The little kids can actually participate instead of being spectators.

Garet and Amanda said...

I am with you and think that Caroline makes a great Snow White!! She looks so cute in the picture. Props to your mom for making the costume it really looks great!!!

Sherri Romney said...

What a fun Halloween and your costumes are too cute!

Quinn said...

My goodness I had no idea how big she got!! Wow, and you guys all look so great!!

Margaret Pratt said...

The Snow White costume really is amazing! Caroline is an adorable girl! We might have to try the painting pumpkins thing next year, so smart!