Monday, June 23, 2008

yard sales and farewells

Well, last week was quite a week. We spent most of it organizing and preparing for our yard sale on Saturday. Since U-Hauls are expensive and gas to fuel them are even more expensive we're renting a large trailer that David's sister-in-law will pull behind their SUV to Memphis. So we have very little room for our stuff. We needed to sell most of our furniture and tons of other junk so all last week we were sorting through our things getting ready for our yard sale. I was shocked by how many people came and the junk that people wanted! Anyway, I was very pleased with the outcome, but we were so exhausted afterward! Now, we are busy packing and cleaning, getting ready to move in one week! Crazy! I'm excited, scared, nervous, anxious and tired!

(Our disaster of a house all last week!)



Also last week we said goodbye to our very good friends The Evans. We met the Evans back in Thatcher at EA. We got married within a few months of each other and were in the same ward as newlyweds. There daughter, Hannah, was born about 4 months before Caroline.
Then we met back up a year later and we've lived in the same apartment complex for the last year and a half and have gotten to be great friends! It's been so great to have another family that we shared so much in common with! We traded babysitting nights, had dinners together, and lots of play-dates! Hannah was Caroline's first real friend! Driving home from church yesterday Caroline said, "Hannah no in nursery. Hannah sick? Hannah no at church!" :(
We will miss them sooooo much! Good Luck in Indiana, Evans! We miss you already!


(The Evans and the Martins. Notice Dave and my conflicting hats!)

6 comments:

Adrian said...

I'm so glad your yard sale went well! We had a garage sale two weekends ago and it sucked!! I'm never doing another one ever again! It was way to much work for the outcome. So high five to you! I can't believe you're moving in 1 week. :( Good luck!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

glad to hear you made out nice from the yard sale. i love your hat and have cause to be concerned about dave.

Candace said...

AW! Thanks guys!!! WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY TOO! I fly out tomorrow with the kiddos....nervous?! Yeah. Pray for me. :/

heather said...

Thanks for letting us pitch in for the yard sale, it was fun and nice to be rid of some stuff. It is sad that everyone is leaving, I know you are on to bigger and better, but do you really have to leave?

Alicia said...

It's so good to see a picture of you with the Evans! Go Thatcher 4th!

Joy said...

Well, you'll definitely have to keep up your blog now and show the other Martins over there how to do it too so we can see everyone grow! We'll sure miss little Caroline!