I can't believe that it's June and we're moving in a few weeks! Before we become Memphis-ites, we decided to make one more long trip to Arizona to bid farewell to some friends and family. We started our trip with a special visit in Sierra Vista for my niece, Brooke's, baptism! I love going to Sierra Vista - I keep hinting to Dave that we should settle down there some day!
(Brooke, Holly and Caroline, matching dress color - a coincidence!)
Next we went to Tucson to spend the rest of the week and what a week it's been! We've been swimming with Caroline's Uncle Joe and Aunt Brooke and cousin Brandon (whom she loves to play with!)
(Windy, but still a fun time! You can see that Caroline couldn't wait to get in the water! Not even to take a quick picture!)
We had an impromtu going away party at my br0ther, Jeff's, house.
(Andrew, Susan, Joe, Dave, and Jeff - me and my brothers minus Robert who lives in Germany)
Jeff and Lisa's house always seems to be the happenin' place! They're great hosts like that!
My favorite part of the evening was watching Dave hula hoop with my nieces! I couldn't believe how good these girls were at it!
(Jeff's daughters Kailee, Evyn, and Noelle always yell "Buddy!!!" whenever dave walks in the door!)
One very special part of this week was Caroline's hair cut! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I think Dave finally got tired of having to wait 10 minutes every time we needed to go somewhere to fix Caroline's hair! We were both really nervous about it, but she did so good and was actually really excited about it!
(Before)
(During)
She kept swinging her hair around afterward and telling people, "Lookit my haircut!"
(After!)
I'm really happy with her haircut! I think it makes her look older too. We went to the bank afterwards and the teller thought she was 4!
Well, our adventures are half over. We are on our way to the Phoenix area tomorrow to visit Dave's brothers. It's been so nice to spend this time with my family. I'm going to miss them all so much. We live 3 hours away right now and that's already too far!
8 comments:
I REEEEEEALLY like the idea of you guys settling down in SV too!! DO IT!! :)
Caroline's hair is DARLING!!! So cute!
Miss you guys!
Her hair is so cute! I know what it is like to be far from home. That is when you make a new home, and rely on friends even more. At least you will have some family in Memphis. It looks like you guys are having fun. Enjoy your visit.
Caroline's hair is so cute! She could totally pass as 4!! I'm glad you had fun in Tucson! I'm so happy we were able to see you for a few hours of your busy family-filled week! We should have taken a picture...dang it! We'll have to take a pic the next time we see eachother. (When will THAT be....?)
Oh I totally vote for Sierra Vista too!
love the picture of you and your tucson brothers- whose that cute one second one in from the right?! we loved spending time with you this week and will miss you often... i love that i can catch your blog and stay up with what's going on with the martin's!
Caroline's hair looks great. Olivia is missing her, and when she saw Caroline's hair she said "Caroline's hair is so, so cute!" What's all this talk about Sierra Vista? Everyone knows Silver is Heaven on Earth!! haha
I am so glad we got to see you guys before the big move.
Next time the Martin family needs a talent at a reunion, I think we found our man. Maybe we could attach sparklers to the hula hoop!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I can't believe you're moving so far away!!!
Post a Comment