Sunday, June 15, 2008

My brother, the rockstar!

As long as I can remember, my brother, Jeff, drummed his fingers on everything! The seat in front of him in our van, the bench in front of us in sacrament meeting, the kitchen table, you know, stuff that drives mothers crazy! But I always thought it was cool to have a brother that had a real drumset in his room and played in a real rock band!
Well, now my brother's married and has 4 cute little girls, but he's still drummin'! His band "Citizen Saint" just recorded an album and I think it sounds awesome!



They also just entered a contest through fox news in Tucson. All the bands in the contest have a video on Fox's website. Listeners view the videos and vote on their favorite. Voting takes place on Mon. June 16th only. Then, the top five bands compete in a battle of the bands at the Rialto Theatre in Tucson!
SO, if you've got a free minute or two on Monday, check out http://www.fox11az.com/ Click on "Music Melees" and view the videos. If you like what you hear from "Citizen Saint" then
vote for my bro!

Like I said, I love their music and think they have a great sound! I'm proud of my brother for pursuing something he's passionate about, all the while being a responsible and hard working father, husband, brother, son, and member of the Church.

Good job and good luck Jeff!

http://www.fox11az.com/video/meleevideo-index.html?nvid=254093&shu=1
(this link should take you straight to a song by Citizen Saint. I'm trying to figure out how to put more of their songs from their album on my blog, but I'm not sure how. Any help you expert bloggers?)

1 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow I totally didn't know about this contest! Thanks for mentioning it on here. My friend Matthew is also in that band! I think its really cool that all of those guys have the same standards and absolutely LOVE their music! Looks like it's time to go vote!! They deserve it!