Thursday, April 24, 2008

Penny Park

People often ask us how we like living here. We definately think Silver City has its ups and downs. One thing that we will definately miss is a big park that we live just one block away from.

Penny Park is really one of the coolest playgrounds I've ever seen. It's made of all wood and has some great features!

One thing I really like about it is that it's split into two sections: one for older kids and one for younger kids. The little kids side has toddler swings, smaller slides, and tons of things to clime on. It's perfect for hide and seek! It's great that it's set up this way so you don't get the bigger kids running all over the little ones!

I know when we move in a couple of months there will be plenty of places for us to go as a family and play, but I think we'll miss Penny Park and always think of it when we think of our time here.

P.S. I added some new pictures to the side-bar - check 'em out!

5 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

looks like fun! love that picture of your dave and caroline with my jenna...

Adrian said...

What a fun park! By the way, LOVE the new pics on the side! I love the giraffe one, but I think the shark one is my favorite! So funny!

JR and Steph said...

Wow that looks like the coolest park ever! Laela would love that. We need a park like that here in thatcher.

Josh and Cori said...

we miss Penny Park! I really did like the 2 separate "playgrounds" too. It's all contained so you didn't lose your kids! We'll have to go play in June (if you guys are still going to be around).

kodiak73 said...

You don't know me, I linked through a comment you left on my S-I-L's blog but I have to comment on Penny Park. What you may not appreciate is that it was a Community Build Park. The city donated the land, companies donated materials and money, then a hord of citizens donated many hours of time building it. Back in 1998 my wife and I spent several weekends on the project. I worked on part of the train in your picture as well as the balence beams and dragon slide. The name, if you ever wonder, came from some of the fundraising efforts, collecting pennies in an effort to set a world record (didn't succeed though). You may have already known all of that but I thought it was worth the mention.