Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"No. I'm a mermaid!"

Lately I've been taking Caroline to the pool 3 times a week. We get free lessons by being guinea pigs for a WSI class (the class a lifeguard must take to become certified as a swimming instructor)! Caroline has always loved the water and has no fear whatsoever! People often make comments like "Looks like you've got a little fish there!" And every time Caroline matter-of-factly replies, "No. I'm a mermaid." !


We tried goggles today. She jumped in with them on and when she surfaced she ripped them off. I asked her why she took them off and she said, "They're all wet!" :)


As a former lifeguard myself, I was proud that the instructors felt comfortable enough to use Caroline as a "victim" in a rescue drill. (yes, I realize this picture may look a little freaky unless you know what's happening!)



Here's our little swimmer in action! (like my swim suit? it's a Modbe;)

8 comments:

Candace said...

WOW! Go Caroline! Hannah seriously needs some courage lessons from her. Guess you finally got the videos to load up! And yes, I love your swimsuit! Mine is too big now... :}

Adrian said...

Caroline is the cutest little mermaid I have ever seen! She is so brave! I'm impressed! Your suit is way cute! (Nice sales pitch!)

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I just ordered Jenna a swim suit from oldnavy.com- and we are totally headed to the pool when it gets here! Caroline is a very good swimmer! (and I love your suit :)

Brooke said...

Wow! She is even better than last year! Hopefully you guys can come over before you move and she can show off her talents to Brandon

Jolene said...

Wow, she is so brave! I can't believe she stayed on the board! I think she gets her love for water from you.

Our Ohana said...

LOVIN' the modbe plug!!

How fun to be able to swim so much! I'm hoping Kason will warm up to the water ... he hasn't been too fond of it both times we've gone this year.

What a cute kid!

Josh and Cori said...

wow-what a little waterbug! how fun. I love the swimsuit, too!

Alicia said...

Hey, Susan! It's great to hear from you. These pictures are so great. Caroline is much much bigger than the last time I saw her (infant) and soooo adorable. We just bought Lacy that exact same swimming suit. I hope we get to use it soon. I'm dying to swim!