Thursday, June 2, 2011

Truffles

Caroline has always been an early bird. She wakes up, comes into our room to let us know she's awake and usually goes to watch TV until we get out of bed. The other day at breakfast she announced that she knew how to make truffles. huh?! She told us while we were still sleeping she watched "5 Ingedient Fix" on the Food Network and that she wanted to make some truffles. Dave didn't believe her so he said, "Ok, then how do you make truffles?" She proceeded to tell us how to melt chocolate, add heavy cream, chill in the refrigerator, roll into balls, chill again, then roll into toppings to make delicious chocolate truffles! We were so surprised! I can't believe she actually watched a cooking show by herself and paid enough attention to it to remember the recipe! So what else could I do but take her to the grocery store and buy stuff to make truffles!

We made milk and white chocolate truffles rolled in cocoa, coconut flakes, and (Caroline's favorite) jimmies!
What a cool kid I have. And if one of her favorite activities happens to be making chocolately treats, who am I to stop her?! :)

6 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

so great~ you guys *really* should live closer ;)

Mayhem no longer said...

Mmm! Just when I thought I was getting a handle on my chocolate cravings...
I'm wowed by her talents.

Brooke said...

What a cool kid you have! I'm just catching up on your blog and I have to say I LOVE your haircut too. Miles is getting so big too!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That is seriously so cool! Maybe she'll be a chef one day.

Brent & Paij Collins said...

How fun! Can she make me some?

The Sullengers said...

That is so funny you made them! I hope my kid wants to bake every day - I would love it!