Today, Miles is 3 months old. Sometimes I can hardly believe that this fragile, tiny thing:
Is now this big, sturdy, baby boy!
I have trouble explaining exactly how the last 3 months have been. It's amazing how something can be so difficult at times, and still bring you so much joy. Every time I pass the hospital, I have flashes of that first week there: watching him struggle to breathe, the disappointment at not being able to hold him, the helpless feeling that weighed on me. And I always feel so immensely grateful for him and his (now obvious!) health, for our friends and family both near and far that supported us, and for my Heavenly Father.
Miles is a happy, healthy, chubby chubby baby! He has mostly grown out of his fussy stage, and spends time each day content and smiling. He still struggles with sleeping, only napping 20 - 30 minutes at a time. This makes it hard to have any kind of "schedule" or routine as I never know if he's had enough sleep. I ask myself, "So should I try to get him back to sleep or let him stay up?" several times a day! I've read 3 baby-help type books and have 3 more on hold at the library and still feel like I'm winging-it every day! At night, he is very inconsistant. Some nights he does SO great - sleeping 5 or so hours, and some nights he's literally up every hour and a half. His favorite thing is when we sing fun songs to him and he even giggles sometimes. Aren't new baby giggles the best?!
We love him soooo much and there is definately no shortage of affection in our house - he can't escape all our squeezes and kisses all day long!
10 years ago
2 comments:
oh man, he's a cutie!!! Pretty please come visit us soon so I can squeeze his little cheeks and hear those baby giggles!!!
He's adorable! I can relate to the lack of a napping schedule. Brooke wouldn't sleep for more than 15 minutes if I laid her down. She quit naps entirely at age two, BUT look at her now. She's super sweet- so worth it!! It will go by too quick.
Post a Comment