Thursday, June 23, 2011

A "Real" Vacation

Don't get me wrong: we love visiting our families. We realized though that the only time we ever go out of town is to go back home to AZ, stay with our parents and visit family. Again, we love doing this. But we decided it was time to take a "real" family vacation: Go somewhere we've never been, just the four of us, stay in a hotel, and make some fun family memories.


And Boy Did We!





After a lot of researching, we decided on Branson, Missouri to go to Silver Dollar City theme park (more on that later)


Dave found a fun deal online that included a hotel stay and tickets to Silver Dollar City and before we knew it, we had booked a vacation! Woo Hoo!





The place we stayed at was beautiful and way fancier than we normally would have gotten had we not found this package deal. We stayed in an apartment style lodge that had playgrounds, free mini-golf, and most-importantly a "Splashatorium"!









I really liked our room. We had a separate bedroom, a kitchen area, and even a washer and dryer which I didn't think we'd use... until Miles had a blow-out diaper while sitting on a lap in a restaurant. I was really glad for it then!
















The lodge's splashatorium was where we spent half of our time - it was so fun!





They had a sprinkler area, an indoor and outdoor pool, and a big water slide.
Caroline was in heaven! Even when we were riding the rides at Silver Dollar City she would occasionally mention how she couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to go swimming!







Best of all, it wasn't crowded! Miles even enjoyed the water and just chilled with whoever was holding him.









(she's laughing, not crying!)



We loved it. We could have stayed a month there I think!

5 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

Your trip looks so fun! I can't wait to hear more.

P.S. I love Caroline's swim suit. Too cute!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Looks like a blast! Maybe next time well make the drive and go with you guys :)

Lant Family said...

That place looks awesome--we may have to look into staying there when we head up in a few months!

Luna said...

That looks like so much fun!

The Sullengers said...

Yay for real vacations! I'm so glad you went and had fun! It looks like a GREAT place