Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa

Our library had a special pajama-night story time with a visit from Santa this week. We went for FHE and Caroline was SO excited!

Dave and I decided he was a really good Santa - good suit, real beard, nose like a cherry - the whole bit! He said all the right things and knew about all the toys the kids wanted!


Caroline had prepared ahead of time and wrote Santa a letter and decorated it with stickers. She requested a "Boy Barbie" (Ken Doll - thank you Toy Story 3) and new gloves. She honestly, has not mentioned anything else! We keep asking her and all she talks about is a boy barbie. We've had a pretty hard time trying to find a good one (the only one we found was a surfer and doesn't even come with a shirt!) I mentioned to Caroline that "boy barbies" are hard to find and she said, "We don't have to find one! The Elves make them!!!"
Oh, right. I forgot.
I think I was 5 or 6 when I stopped believing in St. Nick, so this could be the last Christmas where Caroline really does! The thought is shocking to me!

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

That is so funny. Good for her for keeping her list nice and short. It will make your life easy. Yeah boy barbies are hard to find, good luck! You could always sew a little shirt for him or order some ken clothes online. Or write a letter and see if the elves will make you some :)

Brooke said...

What a sweet visit - it's fun to keep the magic of Santa as long as possible

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

You guys always do the funnest things at the library! The only thing Rhylan asked for from santa is out of stock!! I checked walmart, target, internet. I hope she isn't too disappointed that I can't find a Rapunzel dress. I remember one time I asked Santa for a black Barbie!! He didn't disappoint:) Caroline needs a ken doll to have a whole family right? hehe
-- At the Disney store they have modest ken dolls, they are the princes from all the movies.

Holly Llewellyn said...

you need to check out portable north pole. it is a web site where santa talks to your child (you go on and type in certain info, what they want for christmas, their name, favorite food) and when they see it, santa talks to them and knows all the stuff about them. My neice was soooooo excited to see it, it's

cluffgirl said...

Hahaha you never know, it could be a while. Did you see Brittney on last night's Glee episode? :)

Marie Cluff

The Sullengers said...

Caroline is definitely a girl who knows what she wants - all she wanted for her birthday was a pillow pet right? Makes life pretty easy. At least, not yet anyway, she isn't asking for an ipod or a gaming system :)