This week, Caroline and I went with some friends and did some things we always talked about doing, but haven't. We went to the fancy Peabody Hotel downtown and saw the running of the ducks!
If you're unfamiliar with the famous Peabody Ducks, they live on the roof of the hotel and every day at the same time, they ride the elevator down to the lobby, run along a red carpet and climb a set of stairs to jump in the big fountain where they waddle all day!
They let kids sit along the red carpet and count-down the floors on the elevator and watch the ducks do their thing - it was pretty funny!
Afterwards we went for a ride on the downtown trolley - which Caroline said was her favorite part. For 50 cents, the old-fashioned trolleycar takes you on a loop around downtown and by the Mississippi River.
We had a great time with our friends. It feels like it's been a long time since we got out and socialized, but now that we're done babysitting for a while I think it's time to stop being hermits!
10 years ago
5 comments:
it was fun! I know Lucy loved havine Caroline there to play with. I am glad you guys came and got to see it for the first time.
It was fun - we definitely need to play more often!!! By the way - i think we will go out Friday night if that's okay with you guys?
How fun! We should come visit and you guys should take us... :)
Fun! I hope we get to visit you guys there before you up and move away someday!
This looks like SO MUCH FUN!! how great that they have something so cool there. i wish we had stuff i like that here! good times. the trolley looks like the best part. :D
Post a Comment