Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

As per our family tradition, we painted our pumpkins for FHE the Monday before Halloween.

Dave's is the scary one, mine is the little kitty and Caroline's really did start out cute, but she just couldn't stop! Her's might have ended up being the scariest afterall!

For Halloween, Caroline was a super-hero. We wanted it to be an original, so she picked out the colors, fabric and pattern and I sewed. I could write a loooong editorial about the pain that this costume was for me, but it's done and she liked it so I guess it was worth it! The pictures make it look blue, but it was really purple and the lightening bolts were very sparkly silver.


She called herself "Power Girl" and when asked what her special super power was she would simply say, "All Powers." (C'mon - why should she have to limit herself to just one power, right?!)


The young men and young women of our ward hosted this year's Halloween celebration at the church on a mutual night. It was really fun, well attended, and great weather! Here's Caroline playing the donut-on-a-string game:
She had a blast and this year was a success, despite having the actual holiday on a Sunday.
I feel like I have a lot of stuff to post about! Next: Corn Maze and "Pumpkin Soup"

5 comments:

Jim said...

Great job everyone. Love the pumpkins, and Sue you did a great job on the costume. I can tell that material was not easy to work with (no give), so pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! Caroline is the cutest power girl ever! Love, Mom, Grandma

Lant Family said...

Way to go on sewing the costume, it looks so cute. Your pumpkins look great too!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

You did an amazing job on he costume! I am impressed. For some reason we didn't know about the games inside...hahaha. We just came for the candy.

Brooke said...

I so admire your sewing skills! Love that Caroline came up with her own idea of what a superhero should be

Alayna said...

I love that Caroline's costume was as awesome and unique as she is.