Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Festivities

October was a very busy month for us - but we managed to pack in a lot of fun also!

One day, Caroline and I made SLIME! (cornstarch and water type) It was purple and messy!




Here is Caroline decorating the Halloween cookies we made with our boys.


Every year we always say that we missed the corn maze and that we'll go next year - so we finally did!

...turns out, we didn't miss much. No, we don't recommend the corn maze. The day we went it was about 85 degrees outside and hadn't rained for weeks, so basically we walked around in the sun and dirt for an hour. By the end, we were sweaty, covered in dust from the knees down, tired and very thirsty. But you know what? We got to the car and Caroline said, "That was Awesome!!" So Dave says that since Caroline appreciated the experience and we got some cute pictures, it was worth it. I say we'll skip it next year!


One Halloween tradition we've come to love is having Pumpkin Soup at the library story time. This is how it works (I think this is so cute)
Miss Nettie says we're making pumpkin soup. She opens the pumpkin and the kids help scoop out the guts and put them in a big bowl.
Then they add some water and random spices and mix it all up. It looks awful! Then she says she's going to go put our soup in the microwave and we'll read some books until it's done, then we'll all sample our soup. So when the soup is ready and she asks who wants to try it, of course the kids shake their heads or hide behind their moms (except for Caroline who's done this before!) She spoons up some bright orange "pumpkin soup" in little cups and the brave kids who try it discover it tastes an awful lot like softened orange sherbet!

2 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

You are such a good mom. I don't know if I will ever make slime in my house...maybe on the back patio...with a hose and towel handy...maybe. Ha! :) I remember loving corn mazes when I was younger. We're sad we didn't spend enough time with you guys while you were here. Next time!

The Sullengers said...

How cute of the library, I wish I knew about it! We need to go to story time more I guess