Monday, December 7, 2009

Tucson

Tucson was great. I didn't take as many pictures as I probably should have. Sometimes I feel like when my face is constantly behind the camera to preserve memories, I'm not enjoying those times as much as I could while they're actually happening!

So my lack of pictures doesn't mean I didn't have a good time - it's just the opposite. I love visiting my family and friends and would rather spend my time talking and playing instead of being the photographer.
BUT, here's a few that I did capture!

Aren't they sweet? Caroline absolutely loves her cousin Brandon. They play SO well together. The moment they see each other, it's hugs and smiles and they play until we rip them apart! I wonder how long these kinds of boy/girl/cousin relationships can last this way - so I cherish it while it lasts!



We went to a gymnastics school that has an open gym hour once a week. It was so cool! They just ran around like crazy for an hour - SO fun!




Love this one of Caroline and Grandpa Bud!



Caroline thinks her older cousins are the coolest things on Earth and they painted her nails after our "Thanksgiving" feast. How sweet they are!


We found most of the kids playing on Grandma's guest bed. It's amazing how well they play together with all their age differences. We only had to break up one little spat (over a My Little Pony thieving scandal - it was actually kind of funny!)
Again, the whole trip was great and it made me miss being close to our families. We like living here in the south, but we will always think of the southwest as our home.

6 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Caroline is such a funny girl for the camera. She is always pulling a face or pose! I thought i recognized some of those people in your last post! how fun to see old friends. I love EAC memories, it makes me remember my own!

Karen Scott Welker said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip. I'm homesick now too. Thanks for the post.

R and A Lambert said...

Those gyms are awesome! Perfect place for little kids...and older ones too. Glad it was a good trip!

The Sullengers said...

I loved having cousins at that age to play with! So fun! How awesome to have an open gym - I wish they had that here so I could go to it!

heather said...

The southwest misses you. I know what it is like to miss living by family and also know how great it is to visit. It looks like you had a great time. How cool is that gym, they need one here.

Brooke said...

sue, we miss you so much! Love the one of Brandon and Caroline, they were so cute together this trip. Can't wait until the next visit..