Thursday, December 17, 2009

Buddies

Up until recently I thought Gus was just being nice with Caroline. One of those pets that somehow knows to tolerate children's handling because they're just a kid.
He lets her push him around in the baby doll stroller. All the time.


He even entertained Morgan one morning while Caroline was at a friend's house. They played with this pop-up tent for at least 20 minutes!

Caroline is ALWAYS holding him. The moment we walk in the door, she finds him. She holds him while watching TV or playing. We have to tell her to put him down when it's time to eat! So I always figured he was just putting up with it. Dave said he might actually like it, but I didn't believe him until last night.

That's when Dave went upstairs to check on Caroline before going to bed and told me to come look at her.

There they were - he was snuggled against her even without her knowing! (on the floor of course. what does this girl have against beds?!) He was there not because she made him, but because he wanted to!
So I guess he does actually love her. Good thing, because I don't think she was ever about to let up!

7 comments:

R and A Lambert said...

That's so cute! What a fun little kitty and good friend.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

that is so sweet it *almost* makes me want to get a pet. jenna would love little gus too- and he seems like the perfect kitty for a little girl. i hope they stay good friends for lots of years :)

Karen Scott Welker said...

So sweet. I think I would be a cat person if my hubby and son weren't allergic. I'm definitely NOT a dog person (especially after yesterday!!!)

Lant Family said...

how cute!!Caroline has a little buddy!

Hilary Stailey said...

That is adorable! Definitely makes me want to get a kitty, but a sweet and friendly one with kids is rare. Is Sophie-cat still around?

Jolene said...

So cute!

Chandra said...

AWE!!!! BOY IS SHE GETTING BIG! I'm glad she has a buddy!
Merry Christmas you guys!