Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread Housing

For Family Home Evening we decided to make gingerbread houses. But since I'm a cheat, we bought a prefabricated kit.

Starting:



After 15 Minutes...



AND... 2 minutes after that:


AND ... a few seconds after that:




Therefore:

'Tis the Season!

13 comments:

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Awesome! I love the post. Did it fall apart because you touched it or did it just fall a part?

Hilary Stailey said...

Haha!! I love making gingerbread houses! Mine always end up like that too!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Caroline is such a cutie! I love your haircut in your blog picture...you look amazing :)

Chandra said...

I love this post....we are planning our gingerbread house FHE soon.
Merry Christmas you guys!!!!

Karen Scott Welker said...

A week from Monday is G-day. And my hubby won't let us cheat. He might even use your blog as an excuse. Your FHE looked fun to me, and that's what counts, right?

Margaret Pratt said...

Oh yes and just how it should be! I have never even thought of doing anything more than a kit...Looks like you had FUN!

Lant Family said...

we just bought one yesterday! I am glad to see it is fun to do and I love yours! Also I love your new family picture on top.

Pierce Family said...

I don't think it is cheating to buy a prefabricated kit... I think it is SMART! I've never made a gingerbread house- it looks like fun!

The Sullengers said...

How fun! I love making gingerbread houses - it is a Hart tradition! We make it out of graham crackers though for easiness!

Luna said...

What fun! I hope it tasted good!

Jolene said...

YUM! That is my kind of gingerbread house! This post is making me want candy!!

Brooke said...

very fun!

Joy said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!