Get ready to roll your eyes: I'm going to brag about my kid.
Since we moved here I started taking a more active approach to Caroline's "education". We started having "learning time" for just about 15-20 mins. a day. Really I just wanted her to start recognizing letters and learn numbers. I wasn't sure if it was making any difference AT ALL until recently.
Caroline can write her own name now! I'm pretty excited about this because (I think) she's got a tougher name. Now, usually she squishes the letters together or doesn't write them in order and in a line, but I think she's got it! Caroline really likes learning time now and I'm excited to see some fruits from our labor!
I've loved seeing how her drawings have progressed. When she first started drawing what could actually be recognized as a face, it was just a lumpy oval with two eye scribbles and a wobbly line for a mouth. Little by little she's added more and now her figures usually include hair, hands and fingers. I think it's funny that when it's a girl she adds eyelashes and when it's a boy he has eye brows! I realize this is probably not nearly as interesting to anyone in the world as it is to Dave and I, but that's the case for every parent, right?! To me, these are little treasures!
Numbers need the focus now: To Caroline, 13 is always followed by 18!
10 years ago
11 comments:
Add Grandpa and Grandma to the list of those interested and amazed by our Caroline. She is growing so fast, and I'm glad you are having learning time. Give her a kiss and a well done from us!
Way to go Caroling!!! I think it is totally fine to brag about your own kid ---plus this is something worth bragging. I think that is a huge accomplishment to write her name and yes it is hard, Lucy only has 4 letters. Her drawing is so good, I can actually tell what it is. Your hard work is paying off!
We did the "learning" time for awhile. Kiah and I really liked it. Sometimes it was structured, sometimes it wasn't. I was always nervous about getting her ready for Kindergarten.
It looks like you are doing a great job. Way to go Mama!
That is great! We are seeing that anymore a child need to have a good understanding of letters and numbers before they get into Kindergarten. Keep it up and it will really pay off as Caroline starts school
Yeah for Caroline! That is a long name you gave her, and not really any way to shorten it (kinda like Heather). This might have gone into me naming my kiddo's- Jenna has 4 letters to learn how to write, and LUCKY Adam only has 3! I still remember the day the little girl I nannied for wrote her name. It was amazing~ and so true that they all work on their own time. Some kids have zero interest- you are lucky to have Caroline's attention. Keep up the good work! I'm sure she'll be reading before kinder :)
Yeah Caroline! How fun. Keep up the good work. It's good for parents to be happy about their child's progress and it's totally fine to brag.
that is awesome for Caroline! Keep us updated on her progress, we love hearing about you guys.
Caroline is definatley a smart little cookie & i'm a big fan of her art!
That is awesome. I can't believe she is only 3 and half it seems like she is so much older. You are such a good mom.
Nice work Caroline! That is fantastic you can write your name! What an accomplishment with 8 letters in your name too. I love your art work. It is so fun to watch children learn! If this is bragging then I am in big trouble because my blog is entirley dedicated to it!
She is so SMART!!! Impressive!
Post a Comment