Today, a fancy party was thrown.
The Hostess:
The Guests:
Kitty and George,
The CareBear Brothers,
and Coco who arrived in his super cool party hat. (thanks Luna)
The Event:
Caroline was super bored and kept asking me to play with her. So we played some hide-n-seek, read some books, did some learning time, but Mom can't play ALL day. So I told her she needed to go play by herself. Caroline hates that. So I suggested she invite her animals to a tea party - then she wouldn't be alone. Instant hit!
She loved serving her guests and even "washed" the dishes when she was done!
I love hearing her talk to her toys.
The last few days have been especially rough with school starting. Caroline has a few friends in the neighborhood she plays with outside, but of course they're all in school now. Yesterday I asked if she wanted to invite someone to lunch and everyone she mentioned (except one who couldn't come) was in school! And she doesn't start kindergarten for 2 years! We're gonna need a lot more "play alone" ideas!
10 years ago
9 comments:
You should have her set up different "places" in each room...like the hairdresser, the store, the babysitter (she can leave her stuffed animals for the day), the bank or whatever in different rooms and she can go around all day and run "errands"..and meet up with you for a lunch date! lol
I love Carole's idea. Don't forget a library. My kids loved having an entire ream of plain paper (not lined) at their disposal with crayons, markers and- on special occassions- water colors. Then one of the places she and her animals can visit is the art museum.
That is good that she can play by herself but that is sad all her friends are in kindergarten! She can always come play with Hudson, although he wouldn't be much company for talking :)
You could always send her to visit Grandma!!! I'm glad she (and you) are so creative. Have her write Grandma a letter, draw me a picture or whatever when she is bored. She could even call and talk to me. Wish we were closer (or is that wish you were closer).
Lately, with Jenna not having Ella around to play (torture, really) with, she has had to learn how to entertain herself. It's so neat watching her pretend and dance and sing and read her books. As easy as cartoons, and movies are, I worry that that is all that she will know how to do- watch tv. And how boring is that!? Great idea to help her be creative on her own. Good Job!
I'm right there with you. Graham is feeling the pains of having his brother in school...so am I!!!!
Livvy and Harrison feel the same way that Caroline does. We still don't know too many people here yet. Harrison just went to stay with Don and Rena for a couple of days, but Livvy's not old enough for that yet. Our new hobby is tennis. The kids are having a good time with that. We'll help Livvy send Caroline a letter. Miss you guys!
Imagination is great! I love the stuffed animals and their names!
getting back to school is rough. I am slowly figuring out what to do with Eli since Kiah is at school.
Post a Comment